Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing

z4mp1

Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing

Please help! Said printer will not print wirelessly from my laptop. It
prints just fine from my wife's PC that is hard wired directly to the
router that the printer is hard wired to (CAT5). I have tried
uninstalling the driver from the laptop & re-installing it, that didn't
work. If I go into the printer properties and try to "Print Test Page" &
if I open the active printers window, it tells me that the document has
been sent to the printer and then printed. It then deletes the document
from the queue, but nothing ever prints to the printer. Now, I go into
the printers folder, right click on the printer, goto "Run as
Administrator" click on properties and then try to "Print Test Page"
from there it works fine.
I am logged onto the laptop as the administrator and I am the only
person that uses this laptop. I haven't tried to use the printer in the
last week or so, but prior to that, I haven't had any problems with it
printing. I am running "Green Print" as my default printer, which
converts all documents to PDF and then opens its own app & then gives me
the option to print to the physical printer. Even if I try to bypass
Green Print and print directly to the physical printer it will still
fail.

--
z4mp1
Tae Song

Re: Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing

"z4mp1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Please help! Said printer will not print wirelessly from my laptop. It
> prints just fine from my wife's PC that is hard wired directly to the
> router that the printer is hard wired to (CAT5). I have tried
> uninstalling the driver from the laptop & re-installing it, that didn't
> work. If I go into the printer properties and try to "Print Test Page" &
> if I open the active printers window, it tells me that the document has
> been sent to the printer and then printed. It then deletes the document
> from the queue, but nothing ever prints to the printer. Now, I go into
> the printers folder, right click on the printer, goto "Run as
> Administrator" click on properties and then try to "Print Test Page"
> from there it works fine.
> I am logged onto the laptop as the administrator and I am the only
> person that uses this laptop. I haven't tried to use the printer in the
> last week or so, but prior to that, I haven't had any problems with it
> printing. I am running "Green Print" as my default printer, which
> converts all documents to PDF and then opens its own app & then gives me
> the option to print to the physical printer. Even if I try to bypass
> Green Print and print directly to the physical printer it will still
> fail.
>

> --
> z4mp1

What version of Windows are you and your wife using?

mrcingrace is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tae Song View Post
"z4mp1" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Please help! Said printer will not print wirelessly from my laptop. It
> prints just fine from my wife's PC that is hard wired directly to the
> router that the printer is hard wired to (CAT5). I have tried
> uninstalling the driver from the laptop & re-installing it, that didn't
> work. If I go into the printer properties and try to "Print Test Page" &
> if I open the active printers window, it tells me that the document has
> been sent to the printer and then printed. It then deletes the document
> from the queue, but nothing ever prints to the printer. Now, I go into
> the printers folder, right click on the printer, goto "Run as
> Administrator" click on properties and then try to "Print Test Page"
> from there it works fine.
> I am logged onto the laptop as the administrator and I am the only
> person that uses this laptop. I haven't tried to use the printer in the
> last week or so, but prior to that, I haven't had any problems with it
> printing. I am running "Green Print" as my default printer, which
> converts all documents to PDF and then opens its own app & then gives me
> the option to print to the physical printer. Even if I try to bypass
> Green Print and print directly to the physical printer it will still
> fail.
>

> --
> z4mp1

What version of Windows are you and your wife using?
I am having the same problem using the same printer except mine is connected directly to the printer, my printer is set up properly, just downloaded the most current driver from Brothers website as well as the firmware update for the printer...it accepts the document to print, but the document goes thru the queue and disappears and nothing prints....very frustrating
z4mp1

Re: Brother MFC 420CN printer not printing

I am using Vista Home Premium and my wife has XP Home SP2

--
z4mp1