Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x800407

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009
kvancamp
 

Posts: n/a
vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x800407
Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for
mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation
program located printer and then terminated the install with the above error
and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function
KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista registry
problem. Could anyone help with this?
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 10-07-2009
Tae Song
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x800407

"kvancamp" <kvancamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:CA440F88-DA1C-4B2E-BF50-D23596B8BE48@microsoft.com...

> Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for
> mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation
> program located printer and then terminated the install with the above error
> and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function
> KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista registry
> problem. Could anyone help with this?


0x80000407? The code is usually 8 digits long after 0x.

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 10-08-2009
kvancamp
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x80
Sorry, missed the last two numbers, error code is 0x80040703.
Thanks

"Tae Song" wrote:

>
> "kvancamp" <kvancamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:CA440F88-DA1C-4B2E-BF50-D23596B8BE48@microsoft.com...
> > Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for
> > mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation
> > program located printer and then terminated the install with the above

> error
> > and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function
> > KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista

> registry
> > problem. Could anyone help with this?

>
> 0x80000407? The code is usually 8 digits long after 0x.
>
>
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 10-10-2009
Kyron
 

Posts: n/a
Re: vista brother mfl pro suite install terminates with error 0x80
I had the exact same problem. I would also appreciate an answer to this.

"kvancamp" wrote:

> Sorry, missed the last two numbers, error code is 0x80040703.
> Thanks
>
> "Tae Song" wrote:
>
> >
> > "kvancamp" <kvancamp@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > news:CA440F88-DA1C-4B2E-BF50-D23596B8BE48@microsoft.com...
> > > Downloaded Brother Vista All-in-one installation and driver package for
> > > mfc-7840w machine. Performed install as network printer, installation
> > > program located printer and then terminated the install with the above

> > error
> > > and the following "Description:Failed to find DLL function
> > > KERNEL.GetModuleHandle". Brother troubleshooting says it is a Vista

> > registry
> > > problem. Could anyone help with this?

> >
> > 0x80000407? The code is usually 8 digits long after 0x.
> >
> >
> >

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Brother HL4040cn printer install mark a microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 0 04-08-2008 06:59
VISTA home premium install never terminates (~6 hrs) Bryce@microsoft.com microsoft.public.windowsupdate 1 03-21-2008 22:54
Article ID: 930452 Error message when you try to install Word 2002 template wizards from Works Suite 2006 on a Windows Vista-based computer: "Error 1706. No valid source could be found" KBArticles English 0 10-22-2007 20:00
Cannot install Brother DCP-130C katkatkat microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 5 07-24-2007 18:52
Vista backup terminates with error 0x8007000E =?Utf-8?B?TWFydGlu?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 4 04-09-2007 16:18




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 18:18.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120