Printing to HP LaserJet 1300

2120smak

Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?
DL

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which
usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ies Id=238320

"2120smak" <lars.kold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
> LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

Michael Covington

2120smak wrote:
> There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
> LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

What happened when you tried?
2120smak

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
Nothing happened when I plugged in the USB-cable - as opposed to when I
plugged in the USB-cable to my DeskJet F380, where the Vaio simply informed
me that it installed the printer.

"Michael Covington" wrote:

> 2120smak wrote:
> > There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
> > LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

> What happened when you tried?

2120smak

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
No - I did not - I was not aware of this. My previous private pc and the Dell
from work both picked up the printer without any interference from my side -
and the Vaio picked up my Deskjet F380 also without any preparations or
assistance from my side. But I'm willing to try your suggestion - I'll let
you know if it works.

"DL" wrote:

> You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which
> usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ies Id=238320
>
> "2120smak" <lars.kold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
> > LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

2120smak

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
No luck - same reaction from the pc, i.e. nothing.

When selecting add a printer I get a choice between "only use this if you do
not have have a usb-printer - windows installs usb-printers automatically
when connected" and "add a network printer, a wireless printer or a bluetooth
printer...."

"DL" wrote:

> You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which
> usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ies Id=238320
>
> "2120smak" <lars.kold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
> > LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

Lem

2120smak wrote:
> No luck - same reaction from the pc, i.e. nothing.
>
> When selecting add a printer I get a choice between "only use this if you do
> not have have a usb-printer - windows installs usb-printers automatically
> when connected" and "add a network printer, a wireless printer or a bluetooth
> printer...."
>
> "DL" wrote:
>
>> You've obtained the Vista drivers & installed as per hp instructions, which
>> usually means installing software/drivers prior to connecting the printer?
>> http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...ies Id=238320
>>
>> "2120smak" <lars.kold@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> There seems to be no way to make my Sony Vaio with Vista print to my HP
>>> LaserJet 1300 - any suggestions on how to make this work?

Are you sure that the LJ1300's USB port is working?

Vista does have a built-in driver for the LJ1300. The problem is getting
the special HP DOT4 port.

Just ignore the warning in the Add A Printer Wizard to "only use this if
you do not have have a usb-printer."

I'm not sure what besides HP's printer status monitor will *not* work
without the DOT4 port, but it's worth a try.

Alternatively, you could try HP's "Universal Print Driver" for Vista
(although it looks like a big mess to me):
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&lang=en&cc=us

Be sure choose the correct one (Vista or Vista 64-bit) and read the
install instructions.
--
Lem

Apollo 11 - 40 years ago:
http://www.nasa.gov/mission_pages/ap...0th/index.html
ravikanji

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300

Hp 1300 deskjet doesn't work with vista 64 bit. How to solve this
problem?

--
ravikanji
DL

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
Yes it does;
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s...&lang=en&cc=uk

"ravikanji" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hp 1300 deskjet doesn't work with vista 64 bit. How to solve this
> problem?
>

> --
> ravikanji

Bill Leary

Re: Printing to HP LaserJet 1300
"ravikanji" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
> Hp 1300 deskjet doesn't work with vista 64 bit. How to solve this
> problem?

There is no DeskJet 1300 on the HP support site, but there is support for
their D1300 series.

If it actually says "1300" on the front of the printer, find the data plate
(near the power line or perhaps on the bottom) and get the exact model
number. HP does had support for these:

DeskJet D1311
DeskJet D1320
DeskJet D1330
DeskJet D1341
DeskJet D1360

See
http://search.hp.com/query.html?lang... charset=utf-8

They all appear to have drivers for Vista 64 bit.

- Bill