Can't print from MS Office after installing Vista SP2

leftylenn is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Can't print from MS Office after installing Vista SP2
I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5 days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house. How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need to be able to print from MS Office programs.
FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Can't print from MS Office after installing Vista SP2

"leftylenn" <leftylenn.3ybfcd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message

> I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
> programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
> days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
> from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
> I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
> it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
> MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
> How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
> to be able to print from MS Office programs.
> FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?
>

> --
> leftylenn

Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
later driver from the printer manufacturer website?

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

KimberlyH

"Mike Hall - MVP" wrote:

> "leftylenn" <leftylenn.3ybfcd@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in message
> >
> > I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
> > programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
> > days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
> > from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
> > I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
> > it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
> > MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
> > How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
> > to be able to print from MS Office programs.
> > FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?
> >

> > --
> > leftylenn
> >

> Have you tried uninstalling and re-installing the printer.. maybe using a
> later driver from the printer manufacturer website?
>
> --
>
> Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
> http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

I also cannot print after installing the SP2 for Vista Home Premium - cannot
print from Microsoft office except through Send to OneNote or Adobe's PDF
files.

Printer drivers have been updated Brother MFC420CN - no issues with them -
LEXMARK printer has no issues but was not installed prior to the update.

Regards,
Kimberly
Clark

leftylenn wrote:
> I recently started having problems with printing from MS Office
> programs. I did system restore and the problem was fixed for about 5
> days. Then Vista SP2 installed and I'm back to not being able to print
> from MS Office programs. I know Vista SP2 has to be the problem but when
> I go to the list of installed updates, I'm not permitted to uninstall
> it. Ugh!! I know the printer is fine because it works fine printing from
> MS Office programs when it's hooked up to another computer in the house.
> How can I remove Vista SP2? Or is there another solution? I really need
> to be able to print from MS Office programs.
> FYI, it's a Dell printer I'm using. Any suggestions?

You seem to say the problem was occurring prior to installing SP2, but
have you checked any logs. You might look at the Vista logs and any
firewall or anti-virus logs.

What type of connection do you have to the printer (USB, parallel)? It
appears you are saying the printer will print from programs other than
Office, is this correct?

Clark