HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER

steve

HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
Hello:

I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an HP
1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate to the
world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every time.

Thanks

Steve

Malke

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
steve wrote:

> Hello:
>
> I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
> pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
> does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
> make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
> solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
> requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
> consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
> were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an
> HP 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate
> to the world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every
> time.

No.

Find a printer that works with Vista 64.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Andrew Rossmann

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
In article <e2qFdr6LKHA.3948@TK2MSFTNGP04.phx.gbl>,
teebrews@optonline.net says...
> I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64

(Service
> pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
> does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
> make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
> solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
> requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
> consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
> were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an HP
> 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate to the
> world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every time.

Does 64-bit Vista come with drivers? You may need to manually go through
Add Printer and search through the list.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 07:00:34 -0400, "steve" <teebrews@optonline.net>
wrote:

> I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
> pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
> does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
> make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
> solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
> requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
> consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
> were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an HP
> 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate to the
> world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every time.

This is one of the most common problems experienced by people who try
to use a 64-bit version of Windows (or even a newer version of 32-bit
Windows) with older printers and scanners. They can't get a driver for
their hardware. The manufacturers of the older printers and scanners
don't feel that it's worth their time and effort to develop new
drivers for older hardware they are no longer selling.

It is *always* a good idea to investigate driver availability before
going to a new version of Windows.

I'm afraid you're out of luck, and will almost certainly need to
replace your printer.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup
Chuck

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
One possibility is to see if the printer has an "emulation" mode that may
allow the use of an available "generic" driver.
I haven't used an HP 1000 for years, and have forgotten if it has that
capability.

"steve" <teebrews@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
> pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
> does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
> make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
> solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
> requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
> consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
> were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an
> HP 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate
> to the world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every
> time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

Tom Ferguson

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
Try the "Universal" PCL 6 driver for Windows Vista 64
http://h20000.www2.hp.com/bizsupport...&swEnvOID=2100

Let us know.

Tom Ferguson

"steve" <teebrews@optonline.net> wrote in message
> Hello:
>
> I recently purchased an Acer Aspire X1200 with Windows Vista 64 (Service
> pack 1) pre-installed. While recognizing my HP Laserjet 1000 printer, it
> does not accept the drivers from the disk with the printer and HP did not
> make a 64 bit driver available for that model. Searching the web, several
> solutions were proposed such as using a different driver or bypassing the
> requirement for a signature but other users indicated they did not work
> consistently nor did they work for me. Given that most of the suggestions
> were made in 2007, at this late date does anyone know of a solution or an
> HP 1000 driver developed by an individual brilliant techy to demonstrate
> to the world that David still exists and will prevail over Goliath every
> time.
>
> Thanks
>
> Steve

steve

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
Hi:

Thanks for all your replies. To Tom's suggestion I try the universal PC6
driver, I did download the software but Vista still did not recognize it as
a valid driver for HP Laserjet 1000. It appears I will have to get a new
printer or alternately, use a different operating system such as Windows XP.

All the best.

Steve

Tom Ferguson

Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
Sorry it did not work out.
Thanks for the feedback.

Tom

> Hi:
>
> Thanks for all your replies. To Tom's suggestion I try the universal PC6
> driver, I did download the software but Vista still did not recognize it
> as a valid driver for HP Laserjet 1000. It appears I will have to get a
> new printer or alternately, use a different operating system such as
> Windows XP.
>
> All the best.
>
> Steve

halobest is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: HP LASERJET 1000 - NO DRIVER
this post alternative link for vista hp lj 1000 driver