HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem

atharsagri

HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem
Hi,
I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After
I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the
printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited
feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not
printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer
properties, it is showing only 3 paper size. Earlier in XP, it was displaying
all paper size including A6 card size and envelopes. I am unable to print on
A6 card on this detected automatically drivers. I checked the printer
installation CD it is ont for Vista. I checked for HP website there also they
are telling it will detect automatically and no driver files are available
for download for Vista version. I am not able to make full use of this
printer's features in Vista.
Please help me.
Regards,
--
Athar Sagri
Ken Blake, MVP

Re: HP Photosmart 8453 Printer Problem
On Mon, 7 Sep 2009 00:14:01 -0700, atharsagri
<atharsagri@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

> Hi,
> I was using Win XP Prof. SP3 and the above printer. Everything was OK. After
> I shifted to Win Vista my printing problem started. While installing the
> printer in Vista, it detected automatically and installed with limited
> feature. When I wanted to print photos in wallet size on A6 card it is not
> printing and displaying paper size error. When I checked in the printer
> properties, it is showing only 3 paper size. Earlier in XP, it was displaying
> all paper size including A6 card size and envelopes. I am unable to print on
> A6 card on this detected automatically drivers. I checked the printer
> installation CD it is ont for Vista. I checked for HP website there also they
> are telling it will detect automatically and no driver files are available
> for download for Vista version. I am not able to make full use of this
> printer's features in Vista.

This is one of the most common problems experienced by people who try
to use a newer version of Windows with older printers and scanners.
They can't get a driver for their hardware. The manufacturers of the
older printers and scanners don't feel that it's worth their time and
effort to develop new drivers for older hardware they are no longer
selling.

It is *always* a good idea to investigate driver availability before
going to a new version of Windows.

I'm afraid you're out of luck, and will almost certainly need to
replace your printer if you want to make full use of its features.

Please Reply to the Newsgroup