HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet

gerrieaustin

HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet

I had a XP for more than 10 years with the hp2610 hooked up and the fax
worked until I had a power surge that completely fried the computer. I
now have a laptop hp pavilion with the same configuration and printer it
doesn't fax anymore.

The fax only works when the printer is hooked up directly the phone
port, directly bypassing the computer all together. I have downloaded
all the hp2610 all-in-one I can find. I have changed the back of the
printer to the other port thinking that would work but it still doesn't
work. Any ideas?

--
gerrieaustin
DL

Re: HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet
The PC Fax wont work unless a phone line is connected to the PC modem -
thats the way its allways been
Or are you refering to Fax direct from the printer
Did you install the Vista drivers from HP prior to connecting the printer?
http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/s... 1139&lang=en

"gerrieaustin" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I had a XP for more than 10 years with the hp2610 hooked up and the fax
> worked until I had a power surge that completely fried the computer. I
> now have a laptop hp pavilion with the same configuration and printer it
> doesn't fax anymore.
>
> The fax only works when the printer is hooked up directly the phone
> port, directly bypassing the computer all together. I have downloaded
> all the hp2610 all-in-one I can find. I have changed the back of the
> printer to the other port thinking that would work but it still doesn't
> work. Any ideas?
>

> --
> gerrieaustin

gerrieaustin

Re: HP2610 All-in-one fax only works without the internet

I originally had the configuration of hooking the phone line into the
laptop first and the printer would work. That's the way a "normal" setup
works for the printer. But the fax part of this configuration wasn't
working that way. It only worked if I bypassed the configuration
(laptop) and hooked the phone line into the printer itself. That only
tells me that the modem, inside my laptop computer, wasn't working the
way it should be. I have a DSL setup also which means I shouldn't have
to work with the modem at all. Have I got this all screwed up?

--
gerrieaustin