Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode

Samuel

Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode
I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows Fax and Scan when my
computer is running. However, my computer does not wake up from sleep mode
to receive faxes. I believe Vista Ultimate is supposed to wake up on
receiving a fax.

Do I need to configure anything to receive Faxes in sleep mode?
helpherb

RE: Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode
I couldn't get this to work either and never found a solution (except buying
an all-in-one print/fax/scan/copy: not a bad approach since they're cheap,
and more convenient to transmit with if you do any faxes outside of
applications).

Seems I did read that it's supposed to wake from sleep to receive faxes. I
have the same problem with scheduled tasks like file back-ups: I think it's
supposed to wake from sleep to do these, but seems to just run them when I
wake from sleep manually (not great, since it hogs resources that would not
be an issue if it ran at 2:00 am as scheduled).

Herb

"Samuel" wrote:

> I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows Fax and Scan when my
> computer is running. However, my computer does not wake up from sleep mode
> to receive faxes. I believe Vista Ultimate is supposed to wake up on
> receiving a fax.
>
> Do I need to configure anything to receive Faxes in sleep mode?

mikeyhsd

Re: Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode
you need to be sure the bios is set to
WAKE ON RING.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net

"Samuel" wrote:

> I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows Fax and Scan when my
> computer is running. However, my computer does not wake up from sleep mode
> to receive faxes. I believe Vista Ultimate is supposed to wake up on
> receiving a fax.
>
> Do I need to configure anything to receive Faxes in sleep mode?

helpherb

Re: Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode
Is there a bios setting to make it wake for scheduled events such as backups,
installing updates, etc.?

Thanks.

"mikeyhsd" wrote:

> you need to be sure the bios is set to
> WAKE ON RING.
>

> mikeyhsd@comcast.net
>

> "helpherb" <helpherb@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message news:0F6C1743-6758-4004-881A-DD0A52D7534B@microsoft.com...
> I couldn't get this to work either and never found a solution (except buying
> an all-in-one print/fax/scan/copy: not a bad approach since they're cheap,
> and more convenient to transmit with if you do any faxes outside of
> applications).
>
> Seems I did read that it's supposed to wake from sleep to receive faxes. I
> have the same problem with scheduled tasks like file back-ups: I think it's
> supposed to wake from sleep to do these, but seems to just run them when I
> wake from sleep manually (not great, since it hogs resources that would not
> be an issue if it ran at 2:00 am as scheduled).
>
> Herb
>
> "Samuel" wrote:
>
> > I am able to send and receive faxes using Windows Fax and Scan when my
> > computer is running. However, my computer does not wake up from sleep mode
> > to receive faxes. I believe Vista Ultimate is supposed to wake up on
> > receiving a fax.
> >
> > Do I need to configure anything to receive Faxes in sleep mode?

mikeyhsd

Re: Receiving Faxes in Sleep Mode
might be such an option in the fax setup but not in the bios.

mikeyhsd@comcast.net