Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Problem printing in IE7 in Vista

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-01-2007
Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Problem printing in IE7 in Vista
I'm getting this error message when I try to print in IE7 in Vista/Ultimate.

An error has occurred in the script on this page.
Line: 1828
Char: 1
Error: Unspecified error.
Code: 0
URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg

All my other applications print fine. Any ideas?

Thanks in advance.




--
Thanks, Scott
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2007
Michael Solomon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problem printing in IE7 in Vista
"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:0C750C93-981D-473D-ACB6-A39475BC89A4@microsoft.com...
> I'm getting this error message when I try to print in IE7 in
> Vista/Ultimate.
>
> An error has occurred in the script on this page.
> Line: 1828
> Char: 1
> Error: Unspecified error.
> Code: 0
> URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
>
> All my other applications print fine. Any ideas?
>
> Thanks in advance.
>
>
>
>
> --
> Thanks, Scott


Right click Internet Explorer on the Start Menu, select Internet Properties,
go to the Advanced tab, place a check next to"Disable script debugging
(Internet Explorer)" and next to "Disable script debugging (Other)" and
remove the check from "Display a notification about every script error," and
see if that resolves the issue.

--
Michael Solomon

Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-02-2007
Scott
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problem printing in IE7 in Vista
Michael,

Those options were already set as you described; don't appear resolve the
problem.

However, a coworker of mine came up with at least a temporary workaround:
Either turn off UAC or start IE7 with Run as Administrator option. We tested
each of these solutions on multiple machines running Vista and the problem is
gone.

--
Thanks, Scott


"Michael Solomon" wrote:

> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> news:0C750C93-981D-473D-ACB6-A39475BC89A4@microsoft.com...
> > I'm getting this error message when I try to print in IE7 in
> > Vista/Ultimate.
> >
> > An error has occurred in the script on this page.
> > Line: 1828
> > Char: 1
> > Error: Unspecified error.
> > Code: 0
> > URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
> >
> > All my other applications print fine. Any ideas?
> >
> > Thanks in advance.
> >
> >
> >
> >
> > --
> > Thanks, Scott

>
> Right click Internet Explorer on the Start Menu, select Internet Properties,
> go to the Advanced tab, place a check next to"Disable script debugging
> (Internet Explorer)" and next to "Disable script debugging (Other)" and
> remove the check from "Display a notification about every script error," and
> see if that resolves the issue.
>
> --
> Michael Solomon
>

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-03-2007
Michael Solomon
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problem printing in IE7 in Vista
"Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
news:7312F6C1-1454-4742-9D77-35AA4ECACB80@microsoft.com...
> Michael,
>
> Those options were already set as you described; don't appear resolve the
> problem.
>
> However, a coworker of mine came up with at least a temporary workaround:
> Either turn off UAC or start IE7 with Run as Administrator option. We
> tested
> each of these solutions on multiple machines running Vista and the problem
> is
> gone.
>
> --
> Thanks, Scott
>
>
> "Michael Solomon" wrote:
>
>> "Scott" <Scott@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> news:0C750C93-981D-473D-ACB6-A39475BC89A4@microsoft.com...
>> > I'm getting this error message when I try to print in IE7 in
>> > Vista/Ultimate.
>> >
>> > An error has occurred in the script on this page.
>> > Line: 1828
>> > Char: 1
>> > Error: Unspecified error.
>> > Code: 0
>> > URL: res://ieframe.dll/preview.dlg
>> >
>> > All my other applications print fine. Any ideas?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance.
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> >
>> > --
>> > Thanks, Scott

>>
>> Right click Internet Explorer on the Start Menu, select Internet
>> Properties,
>> go to the Advanced tab, place a check next to"Disable script debugging
>> (Internet Explorer)" and next to "Disable script debugging (Other)" and
>> remove the check from "Display a notification about every script error,"
>> and
>> see if that resolves the issue.
>>
>> --
>> Michael Solomon
>>


Thanks for letting me know.

--
Michael Solomon

Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-29-2007
Andre.Peters.nl@gmail.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Problem printing in IE7 in Vista
We have exactly the same problem over here i was wondering if you have
found a better sollution to solve this problem yet?

We are convinced it has something to do with the rights but are unable
to find out what rights.

Kind regards,

Andre Peters

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Re: IE7 in Vista blocks printing PA Bear microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-23-2007 17:47
Printing restricted in IE7 and Windows Mail? =?Utf-8?B?SmFuTGlz?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 3 03-01-2007 21:30
Word 2007 and Vista Strange Printing Problem Len microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 03-01-2007 13:05
Lexmark X5470 printing from XP wireless to Vista desktop problem =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 02-17-2007 04:41
Printing problem from XP Wireless to Vista Home Premium Desktop PC =?Utf-8?B?Qm9i?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 0 02-14-2007 07:00




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:28.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120