Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/)
-   microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/)
-   -   Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print (http://www.vistaheads.com/forums/microsoft-public-windows-vista-print-fax-scan/438550-excel-wont-print-word-powerpoint-do-print.html)

Tom from WI 08-22-2009 17:50

Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Home & Student. I am printing
to a Brother HL-2070N using wifi.

For some reason, I can't print from Excel. I can print from the Word and
Powerpoint applications in the Office 2007 package, but not from Excel. It
looks like it prints (i.e. a small window opens and it says it is printing)
but nothing comes out of the printer.

I have 2 other PCs with the same setup (except the one PC is on XP), all
print from all three Office applications, so it must be something with this
particular PC (a laptop).

Any suggestions?

Thanks.
Tom

DL 08-22-2009 19:52

Re: Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

Did you try selcting your printer, rather than using quick print?

Tom from WI 08-22-2009 22:00

Re: Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

Yes. For some reason I rarely use the quick print.
Tom

DL 08-22-2009 22:53

Re: Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

Tried running Office Diagnostics?

> Yes. For some reason I rarely use the quick print.
> Tom
>
> "DL" <notvalid@spoofaddress.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Did you try selcting your printer, rather than using quick print?
>>
>> "Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message
>>>I am using Vista Home Premium and Office 2007 Home & Student. I am
>>>printing to a Brother HL-2070N using wifi.
>>>
>>> For some reason, I can't print from Excel. I can print from the Word and
>>> Powerpoint applications in the Office 2007 package, but not from Excel.
>>> It looks like it prints (i.e. a small window opens and it says it is
>>> printing) but nothing comes out of the printer.
>>>
>>> I have 2 other PCs with the same setup (except the one PC is on XP), all
>>> print from all three Office applications, so it must be something with
>>> this particular PC (a laptop).
>>>
>>> Any suggestions?
>>>
>>> Thanks.
>>> Tom

Tom from WI 08-23-2009 04:17

Re: Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

I have never heard of Office Diagnostics, but I did find it and ran it. It
didn't find anything to fix. At least I now know about the diagnostic
package.

DL 08-23-2009 15:16

Re: Excel won't print, Word,Powerpoint do print

You might want to post to an Office group, see if anyone there has come
across this
Afraid I cannot think of anything else, though you could try booting your PC
into safe mode and see if the issue persists