Only prints one copy

Paul Mendlesohn

Only prints one copy
I have vista business and Office 2007. However whatever programme I print
from, only one copy prints out no matter how many I choose to print in the
print dialog box.
Anyone know how I can fix this?
Thanks
winnie95

Re: Only prints one copy
I have windows vista home edition and experience the same thing. Even
though I am printing 20 copies of one sheet I have have to click on
"collate" otherwise just one sheet is printed.
Hope this helps.

"Paul Mendlesohn" <PaulMendlesohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
message news:02C58261-33F1-40E1-9AA4-72D1191BEA0F@microsoft.com...
>I have vista business and Office 2007. However whatever programme I print
> from, only one copy prints out no matter how many I choose to print in the
> print dialog box.
> Anyone know how I can fix this?
> Thanks

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Only prints one copy
Note the print processor selected in Printer, Properties, Advanced, Print
Processor

If it is something other than winprint, change to winprint and see if that
will print the proper number of pages.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"winnie95" <winnie95@tbdis.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have windows vista home edition and experience the same thing. Even
>though I am printing 20 copies of one sheet I have have to click on
>"collate" otherwise just one sheet is printed.
> Hope this helps.
>
> "Paul Mendlesohn" <PaulMendlesohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> message news:02C58261-33F1-40E1-9AA4-72D1191BEA0F@microsoft.com...
>>I have vista business and Office 2007. However whatever programme I print
>> from, only one copy prints out no matter how many I choose to print in
>> the
>> print dialog box.
>> Anyone know how I can fix this?
>> Thanks

Paul Mendlesohn

Re: Only prints one copy
I have changed it to Winprint but still only get one copy!!
Thanks

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> Note the print processor selected in Printer, Properties, Advanced, Print
> Processor
>
> If it is something other than winprint, change to winprint and see if that
> will print the proper number of pages.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "winnie95" <winnie95@tbdis.co.uk> wrote in message
> >I have windows vista home edition and experience the same thing. Even
> >though I am printing 20 copies of one sheet I have have to click on
> >"collate" otherwise just one sheet is printed.
> > Hope this helps.
> >
> > "Paul Mendlesohn" <PaulMendlesohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > message news:02C58261-33F1-40E1-9AA4-72D1191BEA0F@microsoft.com...
> >>I have vista business and Office 2007. However whatever programme I print
> >> from, only one copy prints out no matter how many I choose to print in
> >> the
> >> print dialog box.
> >> Anyone know how I can fix this?
> >> Thanks

Jeremn

Re: Only prints one copy
Anyone find a solution?? I'm having same issues.

"Paul Mendlesohn" wrote:

> I have changed it to Winprint but still only get one copy!!
> Thanks
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > Note the print processor selected in Printer, Properties, Advanced, Print
> > Processor
> >
> > If it is something other than winprint, change to winprint and see if that
> > will print the proper number of pages.
> >
> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

> > "winnie95" <winnie95@tbdis.co.uk> wrote in message
> > >I have windows vista home edition and experience the same thing. Even
> > >though I am printing 20 copies of one sheet I have have to click on
> > >"collate" otherwise just one sheet is printed.
> > > Hope this helps.
> > >
> > > "Paul Mendlesohn" <PaulMendlesohn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in
> > > message news:02C58261-33F1-40E1-9AA4-72D1191BEA0F@microsoft.com...

Tim

Re: Only prints one copy
I have a similar problem. The cause is the printer driver that is marginally
compatible with Vista. Case in point: I have a LaserJet 3015. I can print to
it from any application with my Vista PC but I cannot take advantage of the
"advanced" features of the printer...multiple copies being one of them.
While HP claims the driver "supports" Vista...they fail to mention their
unique definition of the word "support". HP has no plans to update their
driver (I have gone multiple rounds with HP tech support). I am stuck with
living with the problem or replacing my 1.5 year-old printer (with a non-HP
printer this time).

The OP does not mention the make/model of the printer but perhaps the cause
is in the driver.

Tim

"Jeremn" <Jeremn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Anyone find a solution?? I'm having same issues.
>

> "Paul Mendlesohn" wrote:
>
>> I have changed it to Winprint but still only get one copy!!
>> Thanks
>>
>> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>>
>> > Note the print processor selected in Printer, Properties, Advanced,
>> > Print
>> > Processor
>> >
>> > If it is something other than winprint, change to winprint and see if
>> > that
>> > will print the proper number of pages.
>> >
>> > --
>> > Alan Morris
>> > Windows Printing Team
>> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>> > http://support.microsoft.com/default.aspx?scid=fh;[ln];kbhowto

>> > rights.

Teleoma

Re: Only prints one copy
Similar problem with a HP laserjet 1320. I found on the site for HP a
solution written for a similar problem under XP but which works for me under
Vista (32 & 64b):

Select Start, then Printers

Right-click the HP LaserJet xxxx series printer icon and select Properties.
(there I rightclicked on the icon to open the properties as an administrator)

Select the Device Settings tab.

Find the Mopier Mode and Job Storage settings.

Change the settings from Enabled to Disabled.

Click Apply and OK.

Try to print the job again.

Regards

"Tim" wrote:

> I have a similar problem. The cause is the printer driver that is marginally
> compatible with Vista. Case in point: I have a LaserJet 3015. I can print to
> it from any application with my Vista PC but I cannot take advantage of the
> "advanced" features of the printer...multiple copies being one of them.
> While HP claims the driver "supports" Vista...they fail to mention their
> unique definition of the word "support". HP has no plans to update their
> driver (I have gone multiple rounds with HP tech support). I am stuck with
> living with the problem or replacing my 1.5 year-old printer (with a non-HP
> printer this time).
>
> The OP does not mention the make/model of the printer but perhaps the cause
> is in the driver.
>
> Tim
>

> "Jeremn" <Jeremn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Anyone find a solution?? I'm having same issues.
> >

> > "Paul Mendlesohn" wrote:
> >
> >> I have changed it to Winprint but still only get one copy!!
> >> Thanks

chawley

Re: Only prints one copy

I am using Vista Home Professional 32 and 64 on 2 different machines. I
have a Brother MFC-640-CW all in one printer.
When using Office 2007 I've gotten around this problem by turning off
the print spooler (Brother told me it was the Vista Print Spooler after
spending weeks on the phone with their tech support). However,
recently, I discovered that I have the same problem when printing files
from Adobe Reader (which now are crucial to my business). I have done
everything mentioned in this thread, except there is no mopier device
settings for my printer.
Elsewhere I read that there is a bug with Vista's printer dialog box
regarding the number of copies. That one should set the number of
copies in the printer default settings. I tried that, and it doesn't
work either - at least not for printing from Acrobat Reader. I had 2
different version of Acrobat that did the same thing on 2 different
computers, but they are now both 8.1.2.

Because I don't have this problem when doing extensive tests with the
printer driver and Brother support, and I don't have problems with my XP
machines, it logically means the problem is in Vista. This has cost
me more time than all of my equipment and software costs put together.
Someone is not doing their job.

--
chawley
hexaae

Re: Only prints one copy

I've had the same problem with my Brother MFC-440CN and Vista Home
Basic.
Try changing Printer properties (Control Panel\Printers) and click
Advanced\Printer Processor button. Here you can try to change Printer
processor: WinPrint, ModiPrint, hpzpplhn, LMPRTPRC.

I solved my problem choosing hpzpplhn (RAW). For Lexmarks you can try
WinPrint (NT EMF 1.008) etc. Hope this works for you! Let me know...

Ciao!

--
hexaae

laptop compaq/hp presario f500ea, vista home basic (sp1, x86, ita), 2gb
ram, geforce go 6100 (forceware 156.87).
hexaae

Re: Only prints one copy

You can also try to deactivate 'Enable advanced printing features' in
the printer, advanced, properties...