Printing two copies on one page

robbiejedi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Printing two copies on one page
G'day all,

I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I can modify to print the two copies on the one page?

I have tried setting the print settings to print two copies per page in the printer setup and then just printing two copies, but no dice.

Anyone out there know a way of making the computer obey my plans of world domination via duplication of print jobs?

Thanks,
Rob.
Mike Hall - MVP

Re: Printing two copies on one page

"robbiejedi" <robbiejedi.3x23g5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:robbiejedi.3x23g5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> G'day all,
>
> I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to
> print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is
> that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size
> jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I
> can modify to print the two copies on the one page?
>
> I have tried setting the print settings to print two copies per page in
> the printer setup and then just printing two copies, but no dice.
>
> Anyone out there know a way of making the computer obey my plans of
> world domination via duplication of print jobs?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.
>

> --
> robbiejedi

Create a page in your word processor with whatever you wanted printed twice
on the same page pasted twice on the same page

--

Mike Hall - MVP Windows Experience
http://msmvps.com/blogs/mikehall/

Tom from WI

Re: Printing two copies on one page
Double click on the picture in your folder list to bring the pciture up in
Windows Photo Gallery. At the top of the Photo Gallery Window, click on
Print, then on Print again. You will get a set of print options opening up
on the right side of the window. Choose either 2 5X7's or 2 4X6's. It will
put one picture on the page. Then at the bottom of the window, tell it you
want 2 copies of the picture and it will put the second one in. then print
it.
Tom

"robbiejedi" <robbiejedi.3x23g5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com> wrote in
message news:robbiejedi.3x23g5@no-mx.forums.vistaheads.com...

> G'day all,
>
> I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to
> print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is
> that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size
> jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I
> can modify to print the two copies on the one page?
>
> I have tried setting the print settings to print two copies per page in
> the printer setup and then just printing two copies, but no dice.
>
> Anyone out there know a way of making the computer obey my plans of
> world domination via duplication of print jobs?
>
> Thanks,
> Rob.
>

> --
> robbiejedi

robbiejedi is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Printing two copies on one page
No dice, guys. Neither of those options are valid for me, as the problem isn't within a word processor or printing photos - it's a system wide problem. I should have explained it a little more, methinks.

Any page I choose to print, be it an OpenOffice text document, a .jpg, an invoice from QuickBooks, they will all print one half size copy on the left hand side of two pieces of paper. The main thing I need to do is to print the one invoice from QuickBooks twice at 50% size on the one sheet of paper so that the paper (it's perforated) can be torn in half. Unfortunately Reckon's software dev team assures me that I can't just put all the details twice on the one page within QuickBooks, so I thought I'd attempt to get Windows to do it using the print options.

By my logic, if I choose to print two copies of a print job using the "copies per page" option in print setup and making it "2 copies per page" then it should do what I want. It'll print two pages of one document fine, just not two copies of the one page.

Oh for a world where all is simple.

Hope you Vista experts can come up with some helpful idea that may assist.

Cheers again,
Rob.

baldmagicguy is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Printing two copies on one page
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejedi View Post
[...]

I know it's been 3 years since you posted this, but I'm curious if you ever came up with a solution. I'm in the same boat with Quickbooks.

Regards,
Marty

lancorp is on a distinguished road
Thanks: 0
Thanked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Re: Printing two copies on one page
Quote:
Originally Posted by robbiejedi View Post
G'day all,

I'm attempting to get Windows Vista's print settings to allow me to print two copies of the one print job on the one page. The problem is that every printer I've used does the same thing: prints two half size jobs on two separate pages. Is there some hidden setting or variable I can modify to print the two copies on the one page?

I have tried setting the print settings to print two copies per page in the printer setup and then just printing two copies, but no dice.

Anyone out there know a way of making the computer obey my plans of world domination via duplication of print jobs?

Thanks,
Rob.
A few years ago, I had figured out exactly how to do this for a client who wanted two copies of their QB invoice printed, portrait mode (2-up) on a single piece of paper. They bought special laser-perf paper that you could separate down the middle. Two mini-invoices.

Lately, a customer of theirs learned what they were doing and their accountant, a QB Pro advisor, could not ever figure it out either. So, they contacted me, and of course, after all these years, I didn't remember what I had done to make it work!

I looked over the printer properties. 2 COPIES, COLLATED. 2 PAGES PER SHEET (2-UP). Same settings but I would get the familiar 2 pieces of paper printed with one mini-invoice on the left of each page.

Today, I remembered what I did! It was actually info from another QB support doc that makes it work.

Follow the instructions in the support doc. Simply add the line to your WPR.INI file, and VOILA! You get two invoices printed on one page!

Hopefully this helps someone.