Extra Page

pbeverly

Extra Page

I have a Dell A920 printer which worked fine on an XP machine. I have
since upgraded to a new machine running Vista Home Premium.

When I print from IE or an email from Firebird, I always get an extra
page printed at the end. In Firebird, if I do a Print Preview, the
entire email appears on one page. When I print, it prints an
informational line which appears on the bottom of the preview page on
the top of the 2nd page. If I shrink the document, it does the same
thing. If I am in IE and tell it to print just 1 pages, it will still
followup with a 2nd page.

Office applications, Word and Excel, print just fine.

Any clues?

--
pbeverly
alexdagr8est

Re: Extra Page

could be the print drivers, go to the manufacturers site for the
printer, get their firmware and their most recent drivers, give that a
go and get back to me

--
alexdagr8est

If my post assisted you in any way Tip my scales [image:
http://www.vistax64.com/signaturepic...ic88399_1.gif]
pbeverly

Re: Extra Page

Latest Vista drivers would loaded yesterday, hoping this would fix the
issue. There are no firmware updates available.

--
pbeverly
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Extra Page
In IE, go to File, Page Setup and make sure the page size is set
correctly...... since you're using a forum, I have no idea what country
you're in, but if you're in North America it should be "Letter" and if
you're in Europe, it's probably A4....

Do the same for "Firebird"...whatever that may be.

You can leave off the footer.... again, that's in Page Setup in IE. No clue
about Firebird, never heard of it. Just change the setting to a blank
instead of the default, "&u&b&d"
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"pbeverly" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I have a Dell A920 printer which worked fine on an XP machine. I have
> since upgraded to a new machine running Vista Home Premium.
>
> When I print from IE or an email from Firebird, I always get an extra
> page printed at the end. In Firebird, if I do a Print Preview, the
> entire email appears on one page. When I print, it prints an
> informational line which appears on the bottom of the preview page on
> the top of the 2nd page. If I shrink the document, it does the same
> thing. If I am in IE and tell it to print just 1 pages, it will still
> followup with a 2nd page.
>
> Office applications, Word and Excel, print just fine.
>
> Any clues?
>

> --
> pbeverly

alexdagr8est

Re: Extra Page

press ctrl+alt+delete, go to task manager, press on the services tab and
find the printspooler service. right click on the printspooler and press
restart
go to printers and faxes in control panel and right click your default
printer (press test print)
If that doesnt work, completely remove all drivers and software
associated with the printer and reinstall it