13 x 19 paper

Tom from WI

13 x 19 paper
I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy some
plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo paper.
I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office stores.
Anyone know where I can get it?
Thanks.
Tom

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: 13 x 19 paper
I'm not sure you'll find it anywhere, other than buying a roll of plain
paper (for the very large printers) and a guillotine and making a few sheets
yourself. It's not a frequently used product as you've found out.

Why not try a few prints on plain paper in A4 or letter sixed if you want to
see results. BTW since photo paper is specially coated, do NOT expect
similar results with the resuling image(s). However you can happily compare
10x8 photo paper to 13x19 photo paper.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message

> I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy
> some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo
> paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office
> stores. Anyone know where I can get it?
> Thanks.
> Tom

Tom from WI

Re: 13 x 19 paper
I did buy a roll of paper that is used for a kids coloring board, but it is
a pain-in-neck to trim it. Guess that is what I will have to do. I'm not so
much concerned about the quality of the print, I'm concerned about the
placement of the final picture (usually a collage) on the paper.
Tom

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> I'm not sure you'll find it anywhere, other than buying a roll of plain
> paper (for the very large printers) and a guillotine and making a few
> sheets yourself. It's not a frequently used product as you've found out.
>
> Why not try a few prints on plain paper in A4 or letter sixed if you want
> to see results. BTW since photo paper is specially coated, do NOT expect
> similar results with the resuling image(s). However you can happily
> compare 10x8 photo paper to 13x19 photo paper.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP)
> http://www.coribright.com/windows
>

> "Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message
>>
>> I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy
>> some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo
>> paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office
>> stores. Anyone know where I can get it?
>> Thanks.
>> Tom

Tom Ferguson

Re: 13 x 19 paper
Not something you'll find at the "corner stationers" if indeed you can find
a corner stationer anywhere anymore. It is available.

http://www.graytex.com/13x19-paper.htm

I have seen that size called 'Super B', 'Super A3' and 'A+'.

Happy hunting.

Tom

"Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message
>I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy
>some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo
>paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office
>stores. Anyone know where I can get it?
> Thanks.
> Tom

Tom from WI

Re: 13 x 19 paper
Thanks.
Tom

"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Not something you'll find at the "corner stationers" if indeed you can
> find a corner stationer anywhere anymore. It is available.
>
> http://www.graytex.com/13x19-paper.htm
>
> I have seen that size called 'Super B', 'Super A3' and 'A+'.
>
> Happy hunting.
>
> Tom
>

> "Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message
>>I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy
>>some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo
>>paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office
>>stores. Anyone know where I can get it?
>> Thanks.
>> Tom

RoadRunner@Not_Here.com

Re: 13 x 19 paper
I have been looking at getting one, What printer did you get and do
you like it??

On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:41:30 -0700, "Tom from WI"
<not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote:

>Thanks.
>Tom
>
>"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Not something you'll find at the "corner stationers" if indeed you can
>> find a corner stationer anywhere anymore. It is available.
>>
>> http://www.graytex.com/13x19-paper.htm
>>
>> I have seen that size called 'Super B', 'Super A3' and 'A+'.
>>
>> Happy hunting.
>>
>> Tom
>>

>> "Tom from WI" <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote in message
>>>I have a new printer that prints 13x19 inch photos. I would like to buy
>>>some plain non-photo paper to practice with before I use the actual photo
>>>paper. I can't find any plain paper in that size at my computer or office
>>>stores. Anyone know where I can get it?
>>> Thanks.
>>> Tom

Tom from WI

Re: 13 x 19 paper
I have the HP Photosmart B8550. I have used Photsmart printers for years
(previous was the 7960 that I had for 5 years). The quality of the B8550 has
been excellent, although I have only had a couple of months experience. The
13x19 size made a very nice poster of my wife's 80 year old golfing buddy
for her birthday. The HP printers don't usually get the best ratings, but I
have had many over the years and never have had a problem with them or the
quality of their prints. I have only used them for photos though, I don't
print any text on them as I have a laser printer I use for that.
Tom

<RoadRunner@Not_Here.com> wrote in message
>I have been looking at getting one, What printer did you get and do
> you like it??
>
> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:41:30 -0700, "Tom from WI"
> <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote:
>
>>Thanks.
>>Tom
>>
>>"Tom Ferguson" <tom.newsgroups@gmail.com> wrote in message
>>> Not something you'll find at the "corner stationers" if indeed you can
>>> find a corner stationer anywhere anymore. It is available.
>>>
>>> http://www.graytex.com/13x19-paper.htm
>>>
>>> I have seen that size called 'Super B', 'Super A3' and 'A+'.
>>>
>>> Happy hunting.
>>>
>>> Tom

RoadRunner@Not_Here.com

Re: 13 x 19 paper
Cool Thanks, I have always' used HP printers also I have the HP
Officejet Pro L7780 all in one and love it. Was thinking about getting
one that will do the Bigger printers.

Does that Printer print onto CDROM/DVD Disks??

Also looking for one that does....

Thanks...

On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:30:07 -0700, "Tom from WI"
<not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote:

>I have the HP Photosmart B8550. I have used Photsmart printers for years
>(previous was the 7960 that I had for 5 years). The quality of the B8550 has
>been excellent, although I have only had a couple of months experience. The
>13x19 size made a very nice poster of my wife's 80 year old golfing buddy
>for her birthday. The HP printers don't usually get the best ratings, but I
>have had many over the years and never have had a problem with them or the
>quality of their prints. I have only used them for photos though, I don't
>print any text on them as I have a laser printer I use for that.
>Tom
>
><RoadRunner@Not_Here.com> wrote in message
>news:rnlt75p903gj0ueslba5ta7ik104je69ld@4ax.com.. .
>>I have been looking at getting one, What printer did you get and do
>> you like it??
>>
>> On Sat, 8 Aug 2009 11:41:30 -0700, "Tom from WI"
>> <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote:
>>
>>>Thanks.
>>>Tom

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: 13 x 19 paper
In North America, only Epson printers will print on CD/DVDs by default...
they own the patent. I don't know about HP units, but Canon's are easy to
hack to print on CDs, all you need is the tray which is easily found on
eBay. Look for the "Five Easy Steps" at: http://pixma.ulmb.com/
--

> Cool Thanks, I have always' used HP printers also I have the HP
> Officejet Pro L7780 all in one and love it. Was thinking about getting
> one that will do the Bigger printers.
>
> Does that Printer print onto CDROM/DVD Disks??
>
> Also looking for one that does....
>

> Thanks...
>

> On Sun, 9 Aug 2009 12:30:07 -0700, "Tom from WI"
> <not_real@no-name-isp.us> wrote:
>
>>I have the HP Photosmart B8550. I have used Photsmart printers for years
>>(previous was the 7960 that I had for 5 years). The quality of the B8550
>>has
>>been excellent, although I have only had a couple of months experience.
>>The
>>13x19 size made a very nice poster of my wife's 80 year old golfing buddy
>>for her birthday. The HP printers don't usually get the best ratings, but
>>have had many over the years and never have had a problem with them or the
>>quality of their prints. I have only used them for photos though, I don't
>>print any text on them as I have a laser printer I use for that.
>>Tom
>>
>><RoadRunner@Not_Here.com> wrote in message
>>news:rnlt75p903gj0ueslba5ta7ik104je69ld@4ax.com. ..
>>>I have been looking at getting one, What printer did you get and do
>>> you like it??

RoadRunner@Not_Here.com

Re: 13 x 19 paper
Cool, Thanks...

On Sat, 15 Aug 2009 18:58:37 -0700, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote:

>In North America, only Epson printers will print on CD/DVDs by default...
>they own the patent. I don't know about HP units, but Canon's are easy to
>hack to print on CDs, all you need is the tray which is easily found on
>eBay. Look for the "Five Easy Steps" at: http://pixma.ulmb.com/

Storm - the paper, (Tue, Oct 9th) Steve Security News 0 10-09-2007 22:20
Must be true, it's in the paper... Charlie Tame microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 8 08-28-2007 05:50
Paper Killer 1.0 Gamer Games Feed 0 06-26-2007 04:05
wall paper =?Utf-8?B?a3JsNDg=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.music pictures video 2 03-18-2007 02:24