problem getting printer to work on system

lookforanswers

problem getting printer to work on system

hello, i have a problem with getting my pagepro 1400 working on my new
system

its windows vista 64 bit with all the updates.

i have used the usb plug and play auto instal and the printer shows up
in microsoft office as a printer to select put when i go to print
through the printer, it offers it up as if the printer is offline and
ask me to save the print file.

the printer status states the printer is not installed to the local
port, and that non-usb connections are not supported, which i believe i
understand, but the printer is still pluged in through usb, the same usb
port as the instal (ive tried all my usb ports with the port and other
devices and they work and the printer still shows as not connected to
local port)

another odd note is i was going to try uninstalling the diver and
reinstalling it and i get the error printer spooler is unstable, please
restart and try again, and this never works for me. ive checked to see
if the printer spooler is running and it is, ive turned it off and tried
to uninstal and no such luck, turned it back on...etc..and no such luck.

i am kind of lost as to who this problem is with, my old xp system had
the printer working fine. is this a problem with vista 64bit or konica
vista drivers or both?

thanks for your help!
andrew

--
lookforanswers
Malke

Re: problem getting printer to work on system
lookforanswers wrote:

> hello, i have a problem with getting my pagepro 1400 working on my new
> system
>
> its windows vista 64 bit with all the updates.
>
> i have used the usb plug and play auto instal and the printer shows up
> in microsoft office as a printer to select put when i go to print
> through the printer, it offers it up as if the printer is offline and
> ask me to save the print file.
>
> the printer status states the printer is not installed to the local
> port, and that non-usb connections are not supported, which i believe i
> understand, but the printer is still pluged in through usb, the same usb
> port as the instal (ive tried all my usb ports with the port and other
> devices and they work and the printer still shows as not connected to
> local port)
>
> another odd note is i was going to try uninstalling the diver and
> reinstalling it and i get the error printer spooler is unstable, please
> restart and try again, and this never works for me. ive checked to see
> if the printer spooler is running and it is, ive turned it off and tried
> to uninstal and no such luck, turned it back on...etc..and no such luck.
>
> i am kind of lost as to who this problem is with, my old xp system had
> the printer working fine. is this a problem with vista 64bit or konica
> vista drivers or both?

Did you get the Vista 64 drivers from here?
http://printer.konicaminolta.com/sup...P1400W_sup.htm

If not, that's your next step. There are also installation instructions you
can download at that link.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

lookforanswers

Re: problem getting printer to work on system

yeah i went there first!

i had one of my problems when trying to re instal the drivers because
it asks you to uninstal the old file, and thats where i was running into
the "printer spooler unstable" message.

lookforanswers wrote:

> yeah i went there first!
>
> i had one of my problems when trying to re instal the drivers because
> it asks you to uninstal the old file, and thats where i was running into
> the "printer spooler unstable" message.

All I can suggest is completely uninstalling the printer software,
disconnecting the printer (if it's connected), rebooting the machine, and
then trying again.

MVP Cari's printing pages are excellent for troubleshooting printers. Her
tips include how to really completely uninstall a printer and are well worth
reading through. As she says, even though the information was originally
written for XP, it is completely applicable to Vista and Win7. The same goes
for the information from Bruce Sanderson below.

MVP Cari - http://www.coribright.com/Windows/

How to clean up printer drivers - MVP Bruce Sanderson -

Other than that, you're left with contacting the printer mftr.'s tech
support.

Malke