Error in Status Field of Printer

WandaLL

Error in Status Field of Printer

When I try to print using a extension cable I get an error message in
the Printer Status field. This did not use to happen. It just started
out of the clear blue and I have no idea how to fix it. If I use the
regular printer cable I have no problem. I am using a Lenovo laptop
connected to an HP Printer.

I truly need help. I do a lot of printing.

Thanks,
Wanda...

--
WandaLL
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error in Status Field of Printer
Cables have limitations as to length. You seem to have exceeded the limit
with yours. I'd suggest using it without the extension.
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
http://www.coribright.com/windows

"WandaLL" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> When I try to print using a extension cable I get an error message in
> the Printer Status field. This did not use to happen. It just started
> out of the clear blue and I have no idea how to fix it. If I use the
> regular printer cable I have no problem. I am using a Lenovo laptop
> connected to an HP Printer.
>
> I truly need help. I do a lot of printing.
>
> Thanks,
> Wanda...
>

> --
> WandaLL

WandaLL

Re: Error in Status Field of Printer

That's not the problem since I was able to use the extension before. I
removed the extension for a couple of days and when I attached it again,
it wouldn't print. My original cable is about 6 ft long. I purchased a
cable that is about 8 ft long and then added an extension to that. If I
remove the extension I still can't print but I can print using the
longer cable from the XP laptop. Something else has to be going on.

Thanks,
Wanda...

--
WandaLL
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Error in Status Field of Printer
Sounds more like you need a print server than the extension cable.

http://www.usb.org/about/faq/ans5
--

> That's not the problem since I was able to use the extension before. I
> removed the extension for a couple of days and when I attached it again,
> it wouldn't print. My original cable is about 6 ft long. I purchased a
> cable that is about 8 ft long and then added an extension to that. If I
> remove the extension I still can't print but I can print using the
> longer cable from the XP laptop. Something else has to be going on.
>
> Thanks,
> Wanda...
>

> --
> WandaLL

drkmtr2002

Re: Error in Status Field of Printer

open your device manager
scoll to the bottom
open universal serial bus controllers
find one of your usb host controllers and right click it
then left click on properties
go to the advanced tab
put a check mark next to disable usb error detection.
next right click on each usb roothub in turn and left click on
properties
go to the tab with the full name "power management".
un check any boxs with the statement "allow the computer to turn off
device to save power.
now restart your pc and try to print

--
drkmtr2002