Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry

MrDragon

Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
My company has a fax shared on one of the 2003 servers. When I print to this
fax server in Windows XP the Fax Wizard walks me thru all the necesarry
screens and remembers my Delivery Notification settings, i.e. whether I want
a notification, the email address I want the notification sent to and the
attach a copy of the fax to the notification. All of these settings I can
find in the XP Registry at
HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Fax\UserInfo\ReceiptEMail( dword),
ReceiptAttachFax(dword) and ReceiptAddress(string). However, I cannot find
these same settings in Vista Registry. I can set these each time I send a
fax in Vista under Tools\Options, but it is a pain to have to set these
everytime I send a fax in Vista.

Where can I find the equivalent Vista Registry values?

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

RE: Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
Hi,

Thank you for posting here.

I understand that you need to set fax setting everytime, and you want to
know if there is a registry value to modify it. If I'm off base, please
feel free to let me know.

Yes, you can find related settings under

HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Fax\FaxOptions

Please modify the values.

If you have any questions or concerns with the suggestions I provided,
please don't hesitate to let me know.

Hope it helps.

Best regards,

Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

>My company has a fax shared on one of the 2003 servers. When I print to

this
>fax server in Windows XP the Fax Wizard walks me thru all the necesarry
>screens and remembers my Delivery Notification settings, i.e. whether I

want
>a notification, the email address I want the notification sent to and the
>attach a copy of the fax to the notification. All of these settings I can
>find in the XP Registry at
>HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Fax\UserInfo\ReceiptEMail (dword),
>ReceiptAttachFax(dword) and ReceiptAddress(string). However, I cannot find
>these same settings in Vista Registry. I can set these each time I send a
>fax in Vista under Tools\Options, but it is a pain to have to set these
>everytime I send a fax in Vista.

>Where can I find the equivalent Vista Registry values?

MrDragon

RE: Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
Hello Robinson,

Thanks for the info. However, only the ReceiptAddress value works in
FaxOptions. What is the Vista syntax for the XP ReceiptEMail and XP
ReceiptAttachFax options. It doesn't do me a lot of good to be able to retain
the email address if I can't enable the Email notification and attach fax to
the notification options too.

--
Thanks in advance.
MrDragon

""Robinson Zhang [MSFT]"" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for posting here.
>
> I understand that you need to set fax setting everytime, and you want to
> know if there is a registry value to modify it. If I'm off base, please
> feel free to let me know.
>
> Yes, you can find related settings under
>
> HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Fax\FaxOptions
>
> Please modify the values.
>
> If you have any questions or concerns with the suggestions I provided,
> please don't hesitate to let me know.
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Robinson Zhang
> Microsoft Online Support
>

> >My company has a fax shared on one of the 2003 servers. When I print to

> this
> >fax server in Windows XP the Fax Wizard walks me thru all the necesarry
> >screens and remembers my Delivery Notification settings, i.e. whether I

> want
> >a notification, the email address I want the notification sent to and the
> >attach a copy of the fax to the notification. All of these settings I can
> >find in the XP Registry at
> >HKCU\Software\Microsoft\Fax\UserInfo\ReceiptEMail (dword),
> >ReceiptAttachFax(dword) and ReceiptAddress(string). However, I cannot find
> >these same settings in Vista Registry. I can set these each time I send a
> >fax in Vista under Tools\Options, but it is a pain to have to set these
> >everytime I send a fax in Vista.

> >Where can I find the equivalent Vista Registry values?

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

RE: Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
Hi,

I have involved my colleagues work on the question. If I get any response
from them, I will let you as soon as possible.

Thank you for your patience.

Best regards,

Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

RE: Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
Hi,

My colleagues and I did many tests on our side and Windows Fax and Scan
remembers our setting.

Given the current situation, could you please check whether you modify fax
setting in Windows Fax and Scan window, not a new fax window. If we modify
fax setting in Windows Fax and Scan window, Windows will apply the setting
to all new faxes.

Could you please check it?

Thanks.

Best regards,

Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

>Hello Robinson,

>Thanks for the info. However, only the ReceiptAddress value works in
>FaxOptions. What is the Vista syntax for the XP ReceiptEMail and XP
>ReceiptAttachFax options. It doesn't do me a lot of good to be able to

retain
>the email address if I can't enable the Email notification and attach fax

>the notification options too.

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

RE: Vista-Microsoft Fax setting userinfo in registry
Hi,

How's everything going?

I'm wondering if the suggestion has helped or if you have any further
questions. Please feel free to respond to the newsgroups if you need any
additional help.

Thanks.

Best regards,

Robinson Zhang