Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

Palula Brasil

Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem
I´m trying to install a network printer on a Vista machine.
Vista is able to locate the printer on the network but when I select it for
installation, for some time, Vista tries to connect and then pops up this
message:

"Failed Connecting to Printer - Access Denied"

And then another window pops up with this message:

"Spooler Subsystem Application stopped woring and has been closed."

In fact the spooler service always stops, so I have to restart it on the
services windows, within Administrative Tools of the Control Panel.

The machine is new and has been installed yesterday. Everything else works
fine. The printer I am trying to install is on a Windows XP Professional
machine within the same network (naturally).

Can anybody help?

kword88

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

i assume you have file and print sharing enabled on both computers?

--
kword88
Palula Brasil

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem
How do I know this feature is up and running?

"kword88" <guest@unknown-email.com> escreveu na mensagem

> i assume you have file and print sharing enabled on both computers?
>

> --
> kword88

kword88

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

'Networking home computers running different versions of Windows -
Windows Vista Help'
(http://windowshelp.microsoft.com/Win...45f331033.mspx)

see if this helps.

--
kword88
PhantomEngineer

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

What kind of printer? The Vista native drivers might not always work
properly (thanks Microsoft!). For example, if it is an older Brother
printer, the native Vista drivers don't work and you have to go through
some other procedures. Search "MFC-8300 printinbg blank pages" for more
info.

--
PhantomEngineer
Palula Brasil

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem
The printer I am trying to install is a Samsung ML-2010 Series. It´s a model
for small offices.

"PhantomEngineer" <guest@unknown-email.com> escreveu na mensagem

> What kind of printer? The Vista native drivers might not always work
> properly (thanks Microsoft!). For example, if it is an older Brother
> printer, the native Vista drivers don't work and you have to go through
> some other procedures. Search "MFC-8300 printinbg blank pages" for more
> info.
>

> --
> PhantomEngineer

PhantomEngineer

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

I don't know about that printer. You might need to update the driver
not only on the Vista machine but also on the XP Pro printer server.
You can find the official drivers here:

'download center SAMSUNG'
(http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...isp_nm=ML-2010)

Hope that works....

--
PhantomEngineer
Palula Brasil

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem
And I did that. In fact, I downloaded the one that says: Win Vista/2008 -
Printer Driver _32/64bit (ver 3.01) - MULTILANGUAGE. But still... The
Printer won´t work.

I even tried the installation using attached printers (same model and brand)
from a machine with win98 and another with winXP, and both did not work.

Should I try another driver?

> I don't know about that printer. You might need to update the driver
> not only on the Vista machine but also on the XP Pro printer server.
> You can find the official drivers here:
>
> 'download center SAMSUNG'

(http://www.samsung.com/us/support/do...el_nm=ML-2010&
mType=DR&vType=L&disp_nm=ML-2010)

> Hope that works....
>

> --
> PhantomEngineer

PhantomEngineer

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem

Hi Palula-
I am sorry, I am running out of ideas for you too. Just to clarify, I
take it you tried, as a test of the printer and drivers, adding the
printer with direct USB connections, installing the universal printer
driver to each of the two machines, and the printer would not work from
either machine, even with a direct connection. So, assuming you are
selecting the right port when you add the printer (that is, if you
select "USB001" you are not actually plugged into "USB002"), since it's
direct and still not printing we can eliminate the issue with "sharing"
of the printers. So there could either be something wrong with the
printer (not likely- but did it ever work before?) or the driver. As a
last ditch effort I would try using the WinXP 1.54.11 version (if it's
32-bit, other wise try the 64-bit one) with the XP machine and see if
that works with the direct connection, and then try the Vista driver
3.01 with a direct connection on the Vista machine. If they both now
work with the direct connections, now try adding the network printer
from the Vista machine using the drivers that have already been
installed. If that doesn't work, try the universal driver on the XP
machine and try again (though I would not expect that to help, because
you already tried that driver with the direct XP machine connection).
If all of these configurations fail, try the printer on another (third)
machine to see if it's just a bad printer. Sorry but that is all I can
think of. Maybe someone else has an idea....Good luck!

--
PhantomEngineer
Palula Brasil

Re: Vista Network Printer Attachment Problem
The problem stopped happening out of nothing.
The problem was the wrong driver was installed and after all the tryouts I
forgot one driver on the machine. When I took it off, the machine started
working.

Anyway, thanks a lot guys.