Printer Recognition Error

Palula Brasil

Printer Recognition Error
Hi everybody.

I am having a problem putting Vita to recognize a HP Deskjet 3550 printer.
Whenever I connect the USB cable to the notebook, Vista screens an image
with this info (itīs in portuguese but Iīll try to translate the whole
idea):

"Unrecognizable USB Device -- One of the USB devices conected to this
computer had a malfunction and Windows is unable to recognize it. To obtain
help, click this balloon".

Something weird is happening because the printer worked fine and Vista,
until now. Can anybody help me out?

Thank you!

whs

Re: Printer Recognition Error

Palula Brasil;1083635 Wrote:
> Hi everybody.
>
> I am having a problem putting Vita to recognize a HP Deskjet 3550
> printer.
> Whenever I connect the USB cable to the notebook, Vista screens an
> image
> with this info (itīs in portuguese but Iīll try to translate the whole
> idea):
>
> "Unrecognizable USB Device -- One of the USB devices conected to this
> computer had a malfunction and Windows is unable to recognize it. To
> obtain
> help, click this balloon".
>
> Something weird is happening because the printer worked fine and Vista,
> until now. Can anybody help me out?
>
> Thank you!

That could be a driver problem. Maybe the driver that worked before was
corrupted or something else happened to it. I suggest you download the
driver for this printer from the HP website. Then you go into Device
Manager, uninstall the current driver and install the new one.

--
whs
Palula Brasil

Re: Printer Recognition Error
"whs" <guest@unknown-email.com> escreveu na mensagem

> Palula Brasil;1083635 Wrote:
> > Hi everybody.
> >
> > I am having a problem putting Vita to recognize a HP Deskjet 3550
> > printer.
> > Whenever I connect the USB cable to the notebook, Vista screens an
> > image
> > with this info (itīs in portuguese but Iīll try to translate the whole
> > idea):
> >
> > "Unrecognizable USB Device -- One of the USB devices conected to this
> > computer had a malfunction and Windows is unable to recognize it. To
> > obtain
> > help, click this balloon".
> >
> > Something weird is happening because the printer worked fine and Vista,
> > until now. Can anybody help me out?
> >
> > Thank you!

> That could be a driver problem. Maybe the driver that worked before was
> corrupted or something else happened to it. I suggest you download the
> driver for this printer from the HP website. Then you go into Device
> Manager, uninstall the current driver and install the new one.
>

> --
> whs

Thanks Whs, but thereīs a problem involved in that matter.

The driver doesnīt have to be downloaded. In fact it canīt be downloaded on
the HP driver section because they demand the use of the Vista native driver
for this specific printer
(http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/d...&lc=pt&dlc=pt&
cc=br&lang=pt&product=305947). Vista already comes with a built-in driver
for the HP Deskjet 3550.

Is there another workaround for this problem?

Palula Brasil

Palula Brasil

Re: Printer Recognition Error
I think the problem isnīt invoved with the printer driver... And I donīt
know if the cable is producing the problem (itīs shiny new) but Iīll try
switching it with another working cable and see if everything works fine.