Double sided printing

skip

Double sided printing
Hi
Running Windows Vista home premium Internet explorer eight.
I use an Epson stylus CX 6600 printer. Until recently I have been able to
use the double-sided printing facility in the page layout box. Now however
I cannot tick the double sided print button.
Any suggestions to correct?

--
Regards Skipbs

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Double sided printing
Open the printers folder, right click printer, Run as administrator,
Properties

Verify the duplex option is configured as installed.

go to the Advanced tab, Printing Defaults and verify the option can be
selected .

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"skip" <skip@barras-smith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
> Hi
> Running Windows Vista home premium Internet explorer eight.
> I use an Epson stylus CX 6600 printer. Until recently I have been able to
> use the double-sided printing facility in the page layout box. Now
> however I cannot tick the double sided print button.
> Any suggestions to correct?
>

> --
> Regards Skipbs

skip

Re: Double sided printing
Hi Alan
Thanks for the information but the process does not seem to work. Under
printing defaults, in Features ," double-sided; yes "is listed but under
page layout "double sided printing" is grayed out. Can you help me further?
Skip
"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Open the printers folder, right click printer, Run as administrator,
> Properties
>
> Verify the duplex option is configured as installed.
>
> go to the Advanced tab, Printing Defaults and verify the option can be
> selected .
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "skip" <skip@barras-smith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Running Windows Vista home premium Internet explorer eight.
>> I use an Epson stylus CX 6600 printer. Until recently I have been able
>> to use the double-sided printing facility in the page layout box. Now
>> however I cannot tick the double sided print button.
>> Any suggestions to correct?
>>

>> --
>> Regards Skipbs

skip

Re: Double sided printing
Hi Alan
Thanks for your information, but my problem has been resolved by EPSON
support.Viz> as the printer was manufactured before Vista there will be no
Vista compliant drivers on my installation disk. I now have to install the
Windows update driver.
Regards
Skip
> Verify the duplex option is configured as installed.
>
> go to the Advanced tab, Printing D be selected .
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "skip" <skip@barras-smith.freeserve.co.uk> wrote in message
>> Hi
>> Running Windows Vista home premium Internet explorer eight.
>> I use an Epson stylus CX 6600 printer. Until recently I have been able
>> to use the double-sided printing facility in the page layout box. Now
>> however I cannot tick the double sided print button.
>> Any suggestions to correct?
>>

>> --
>> Regards Skipbs

Bob Headrick [MVP]

Re: Double sided printing

> Hi Alan
> Thanks for the information but the process does not seem to work. Under
> printing defaults, in Features ," double-sided; yes "is listed but under
> page layout "double sided printing" is grayed out. Can you help me further?

I do not have experience with the Epson, but for HP printers with duplex
printing ability the duplexer is grayed out for certain combinations of
media. For example, typically duplexing is not allowed on transparency
media (obviously) and photo media (less obvious). Check the media
settings, this may be an issue.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

skip

Re: Double sided printing
Hi Bob
Thanks for your info. I understand from EPSON I require updated drivers
Skip