WSD port can't be deleted

WSD print

WSD port can't be deleted
Hi , in vista , I found that once I deleted the WSD printer icon , in the
server property , the WSD port stays here , and I can't delete it , I should
reboot my PC for deleting it , So I want to know why it's locked , and if I
want handle this WSD port , how can I do it ?
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
WSD ports are generated during a Plug and Play event and are deleted when
the queue is removed. There is a deleteport function called when the queue
is deleted but there are several ways to get a failure so you wind up with
the port in this state. If the device is still on the network you can
create another queue, then delete the new queue and see if that works.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi , in vista , I found that once I deleted the WSD printer icon , in the
> server property , the WSD port stays here , and I can't delete it , I
> should
> reboot my PC for deleting it , So I want to know why it's locked , and if
> want handle this WSD port , how can I do it ?

WSD print

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
Hi , Alan , thanks for your response . I'm now more clear for the mecahnisme
, but I dont know what does the queue refer in windows or in printing ?
Because I'm programming an application for install/uninstall the WSD printer
, so I want to know more clear about that .

Thanks very much .

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> WSD ports are generated during a Plug and Play event and are deleted when
> the queue is removed. There is a deleteport function called when the queue
> is deleted but there are several ways to get a failure so you wind up with
> the port in this state. If the device is still on the network you can
> create another queue, then delete the new queue and see if that works.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi , in vista , I found that once I deleted the WSD printer icon , in the
> > server property , the WSD port stays here , and I can't delete it , I
> > should
> > reboot my PC for deleting it , So I want to know why it's locked , and if
> > want handle this WSD port , how can I do it ?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
just the "printer".

I'm pretty sure there is documentation on MSDN for this interface. One of
the testers here has a software WSD device emulator and that will kick off
the PnP event for the install.

The port name is generated by PnP.

--

> Hi , Alan , thanks for your response . I'm now more clear for the
> mecahnisme
> , but I dont know what does the queue refer in windows or in printing ?
> Because I'm programming an application for install/uninstall the WSD
> printer
> , so I want to know more clear about that .
>
> Thanks very much .
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> WSD ports are generated during a Plug and Play event and are deleted when
>> the queue is removed. There is a deleteport function called when the
>> queue
>> is deleted but there are several ways to get a failure so you wind up
>> with
>> the port in this state. If the device is still on the network you can
>> create another queue, then delete the new queue and see if that works.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi , in vista , I found that once I deleted the WSD printer icon , in
>> > the
>> > server property , the WSD port stays here , and I can't delete it , I
>> > should
>> > reboot my PC for deleting it , So I want to know why it's locked , and
>> > if
>> > want handle this WSD port , how can I do it ?

WSD print

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
Hi , I found a documentation in MSDN about the class printqueue , is it that
I should use ? but I don't understand that in the queue that I create , I
should add which informations about my WSD printer ? For example , I saw
that in the constructor , there is a type printserver , but I have not my
printserver . I have to create a printserver on my local machine ? And after
creating , I should use which method for creating the queue ?

Thank you

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> just the "printer".
>
> I'm pretty sure there is documentation on MSDN for this interface. One of
> the testers here has a software WSD device emulator and that will kick off
> the PnP event for the install.
>
> The port name is generated by PnP.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi , Alan , thanks for your response . I'm now more clear for the
> > mecahnisme
> > , but I dont know what does the queue refer in windows or in printing ?
> > Because I'm programming an application for install/uninstall the WSD
> > printer
> > , so I want to know more clear about that .
> >
> > Thanks very much .
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> WSD ports are generated during a Plug and Play event and are deleted when
> >> the queue is removed. There is a deleteport function called when the
> >> queue
> >> is deleted but there are several ways to get a failure so you wind up
> >> with
> >> the port in this state. If the device is still on the network you can
> >> create another queue, then delete the new queue and see if that works.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

WSD print

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
And I didnt find the WSD device emulator you said in this newsgroup . Could
you remember who has this software ?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> just the "printer".
>
> I'm pretty sure there is documentation on MSDN for this interface. One of
> the testers here has a software WSD device emulator and that will kick off
> the PnP event for the install.
>
> The port name is generated by PnP.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Hi , Alan , thanks for your response . I'm now more clear for the
> > mecahnisme
> > , but I dont know what does the queue refer in windows or in printing ?
> > Because I'm programming an application for install/uninstall the WSD
> > printer
> > , so I want to know more clear about that .
> >
> > Thanks very much .
> >
> > "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
> >
> >> WSD ports are generated during a Plug and Play event and are deleted when
> >> the queue is removed. There is a deleteport function called when the
> >> queue
> >> is deleted but there are several ways to get a failure so you wind up
> >> with
> >> the port in this state. If the device is still on the network you can
> >> create another queue, then delete the new queue and see if that works.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Alan Morris
> >> Windows Printing Team
> >> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> >> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> >> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
that's test software. Not out in the real world

--

> And I didnt find the WSD device emulator you said in this newsgroup .
> Could
> you remember who has this software ?
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
>> just the "printer".
>>
>> I'm pretty sure there is documentation on MSDN for this interface. One
>> of
>> the testers here has a software WSD device emulator and that will kick
>> off
>> the PnP event for the install.
>>
>> The port name is generated by PnP.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "WSD print" <WSDprint@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > Hi , Alan , thanks for your response . I'm now more clear for the
>> > mecahnisme
>> > , but I dont know what does the queue refer in windows or in printing ?
>> > Because I'm programming an application for install/uninstall the WSD
>> > printer
>> > , so I want to know more clear about that .
>> >
>> > Thanks very much .

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: WSD port can't be deleted
that is the information from the WSD device, I believe. The PnP bus
enumerator needs to query the WSD interfaces to determine how to create the
PnP WSD port.