Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook

bstephe9

Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook
If I try to print an email or from a web page, all I get is a blank page with
the web page heading at the top, and the URL at the botton. The body is
completely blank. I've checked my advanced settings, and nothing there is out
of the ordinary. Can someone give me a solution
--
bstephe9
Tae Song

Re: Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook

"bstephe9" <bstephe9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If I try to print an email or from a web page, all I get is a blank page
> with
> the web page heading at the top, and the URL at the botton. The body is
> completely blank. I've checked my advanced settings, and nothing there is
> out
> of the ordinary. Can someone give me a solution
> --
> bstephe9

You can tell us the printer make and model, you don't have to keep it
secret... do you?

bstephe9

Re: Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook
It's a Lexmark 600 series. I recently bought a new computer with Vista. It
worked previously on my old computer with XP.
--
bstephe9

"Tae Song" wrote:

> "bstephe9" <bstephe9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > If I try to print an email or from a web page, all I get is a blank page
> > with
> > the web page heading at the top, and the URL at the botton. The body is
> > completely blank. I've checked my advanced settings, and nothing there is
> > out
> > of the ordinary. Can someone give me a solution
> > --
> > bstephe9

> You can tell us the printer make and model, you don't have to keep it
> secret... do you?

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook
This normally is an issue when the IE prints in it's protected mode. Look
for mail on the IE forum about the LOW folder in the users or IE directory.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> It's a Lexmark 600 series. I recently bought a new computer with Vista. It
> worked previously on my old computer with XP.
> --
> bstephe9
>

> "Tae Song" wrote:
>

>> "bstephe9" <bstephe9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> > If I try to print an email or from a web page, all I get is a blank
>> > page
>> > with
>> > the web page heading at the top, and the URL at the botton. The body is
>> > completely blank. I've checked my advanced settings, and nothing there
>> > is
>> > out
>> > of the ordinary. Can someone give me a solution
>> > --
>> > bstephe9

>> You can tell us the printer make and model, you don't have to keep it
>> secret... do you?

Tae Song

Re: Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook

"bstephe9" <bstephe9@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> It's a Lexmark 600 series. I recently bought a new computer with Vista. It
> worked previously on my old computer with XP.
> --
> bstephe9

Does it have letter in front of the 600 number, T600, X600? Did you use
drivers that came with Vista or did you install from drivers from Lexmark?
Did you download the latest drivers from their site or from disks that came
with the printer?

bstephe9

Re: Unable to print from Internet Explorer or Outlook
It's a Z605. I just got notification of Vista service pack 2 and downloaded
and installed it. Now the printer works. It must have been a Microsoft bug
that they fixed with service pack 2. Thanks for you help.
--
bstephe9