Cannot connect to printers in Vista

wynn

Cannot connect to printers in Vista
Hi,

I have a client that has a laptop with Vista Home Premium that owns two
stores and even though I have repeatedly setup her printers on her laptop for
both stores, when she leaves and comes back, she cannot print anymore.
Multiple times I have un-installed/installed the printer drivers, connected
directly to the network printer itself and through the print server on SBS
2003, but her laptop will not consistently print to the printers she wants
to. There are also a couple of shared printers that she needs to print to
but, again, it works once I get it setup, but then when she returns to the
store the next time she cannot print again. Any ideas would be greatly
appreciated.
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Cannot connect to printers in Vista
She will need to authenticate to the print server each time she changes
locations. I'd add a user account/password on the print servers that match
the laptop

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"wynn" <wynn@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have a client that has a laptop with Vista Home Premium that owns two
> stores and even though I have repeatedly setup her printers on her laptop
> for
> both stores, when she leaves and comes back, she cannot print anymore.
> Multiple times I have un-installed/installed the printer drivers,
> connected
> directly to the network printer itself and through the print server on SBS
> 2003, but her laptop will not consistently print to the printers she wants
> to. There are also a couple of shared printers that she needs to print to
> but, again, it works once I get it setup, but then when she returns to the
> store the next time she cannot print again. Any ideas would be greatly
> appreciated.

wynn

Re: Cannot connect to printers in Vista
She does have a domain account that matches the account on the laptop at one
of the stores, however the laptop is not part of the domain as I believe the
domains are differrent at each store -- I am not the original IT firm that
set things up.

Wynn Hoerner