Sending and Receiving faxes in Windows Vista Home Premium

wonderdollar

Sending and Receiving faxes in Windows Vista Home Premium
I used to have Windows xp professional o/s in my earlier laptop and I loved
it. I used to use the Microsoft Fax option for sending and receiving faxes
through my laptop. However, the new laptop I just bought has Windows Vista
Home Premium as the o/s and I do not see the fax sening and receiving option.
Am I missing something here or it is not offered in Vista Home premium. Does
some body know how to send and receive faxes in Windows Vista Home Premium.

Thanks in advance.
Russ Valentine [MVP-Outlook]

Re: Sending and Receiving faxes in Windows Vista Home Premium
You didn't research your purchase. Vista only provides fax capability in
Business and Ultimate versions. Google your heart out for third party
alternatives. Make sure your laptop has an analog fax modem before you do.
--
Russ Valentine
[MVP-Outlook]
"wonderdollar" <wonderdollar@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I used to have Windows xp professional o/s in my earlier laptop and I loved
> it. I used to use the Microsoft Fax option for sending and receiving faxes
> through my laptop. However, the new laptop I just bought has Windows Vista
> Home Premium as the o/s and I do not see the fax sening and receiving
> option.
> Am I missing something here or it is not offered in Vista Home premium.
> Does
> some body know how to send and receive faxes in Windows Vista Home
> Premium.
>
> Thanks in advance.

Peter

Re: Sending and Receiving faxes in Windows Vista Home Premium
Most Fax modems come with their own software which you can use.

Peter
Toronto, Canada.