Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2009
Tyler McLaughlin
 

Posts: n/a
Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

Operating System = W2K8 Server Standard + SP1 and all updates (64-bit)

I recieve the following two errors when attempting to install a
Microsoft inbox print driver: (attached)

Is there a solution?

Thank you,

- Tyler


+-------------------------------------------------------------------+
|Filename: error.png |
|Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=8195|
+-------------------------------------------------------------------+

--
Tyler McLaughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 05-19-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver
This is just the x64 print driver? What is the driver name? I assume you
are installing the driver using the Print Management Console utility
included with the Print Server role.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Tyler McLaughlin" <Tyler.McLaughlin.3sg6rb@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:Tyler.McLaughlin.3sg6rb@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Operating System = W2K8 Server Standard + SP1 and all updates (64-bit)
>
> I recieve the following two errors when attempting to install a
> Microsoft inbox print driver: (attached)
>
> Is there a solution?
>
> Thank you,
>
> - Tyler
>
>
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
> |Filename: error.png |
> |Download: http://forums.techarena.in/attachment.php?attachmentid=8195|
> +-------------------------------------------------------------------+
>
> --
> Tyler McLaughlin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Tyler McLaughlin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

Hi Allen - thanks for the quick response. Yes, the inbox x64 driver
included with the OS & your assumption is correct; I am using the print
mgmt. console included with the role. The driver is the last of the
last. Scroll to the bottom of the list "Xerox" and then the bottom of
that list... "Xerox WorkCentre Pro C3545 PS".


--
Tyler McLaughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver
error 3 is path not found

I've installed this driver before without issue since we have the devices at
Microsoft.

Does the driver file exist under
\system32\driverstore\filerepository\prnxx001....\ amd64?

Are you installing the driver from a path other than the local machine?



--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Tyler McLaughlin" <Tyler.McLaughlin.3sgq7f@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:Tyler.McLaughlin.3sgq7f@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Hi Allen - thanks for the quick response. Yes, the inbox x64 driver
> included with the OS & your assumption is correct; I am using the print
> mgmt. console included with the role. The driver is the last of the
> last. Scroll to the bottom of the list "Xerox" and then the bottom of
> that list... "Xerox WorkCentre Pro C3545 PS".
>
>
> --
> Tyler McLaughlin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



Reply With Quote
  #5 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Tyler McLaughlin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

The driver does exist there and I'm installing via RDP @ the actual
print server. Is it a permissions or UAC issue possibly?


--
Tyler McLaughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #6 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver
I don't have local access to most of the servers I help the MS IT department
with so the installs are in a TS session to the machine. UAC is enabled on
all the machines I deal with. I am prompted for elevation when launching
Print Management. Error 5 is access denied. You are only installing the
driver at this point, correct. Is there a driver from Xerox.com already
installed. I know they have one with the same name.


The install requires files from \filerepository\ntprint.inf......\amd64 as
well

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Tyler McLaughlin" <Tyler.McLaughlin.3shkrc@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:Tyler.McLaughlin.3shkrc@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> The driver does exist there and I'm installing via RDP @ the actual
> print server. Is it a permissions or UAC issue possibly?
>
>
> --
> Tyler McLaughlin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



Reply With Quote
  #7 (permalink)  
Old 05-20-2009
Tyler McLaughlin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

Correct, only a driver install. No, I do not have any XEROX drivers
installed on the system. I have attempted installing a multitude of
drivers since posting earlier and am receiving the same issue across the
board. I'm unable to install any drivers manually. The only way I've
been able to get any installed has been to run an export from an
existing print server and then import.


--
Tyler McLaughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
  #8 (permalink)  
Old 05-21-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver
this is very odd.

Take a look at setupapi.log , setuperr.log in \windows

if the file is too big rename the current one and install the driver again


I assume you currently have shared printers on this server and it's in use.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

"Tyler McLaughlin" <Tyler.McLaughlin.3si47d@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message
news:Tyler.McLaughlin.3si47d@DoNotSpam.com...
>
> Correct, only a driver install. No, I do not have any XEROX drivers
> installed on the system. I have attempted installing a multitude of
> drivers since posting earlier and am receiving the same issue across the
> board. I'm unable to install any drivers manually. The only way I've
> been able to get any installed has been to run an export from an
> existing print server and then import.
>
>
> --
> Tyler McLaughlin
> ------------------------------------------------------------------------
> Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in
>



Reply With Quote
  #9 (permalink)  
Old 05-26-2009
Tyler McLaughlin
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Error 0x00000003 & 0x00000578 installing print driver

No shared printers... printers are not in use. This is a dev box; we're
trying to get ready to move to W2K8 from W2K3. The setupapi.log has the
following information in it. "The location of the SetupAPI log file has
been changed.
The new location is: D:\Windows\INF" The setuperr.log file is empty.


--
Tyler McLaughlin
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tyler McLaughlin's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/99667.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1182936.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Error message while installing Print Mast on Windows Vista darnette microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 03-23-2010 17:34
Error message when attempting to install print driver Barb microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 05-12-2009 18:39
error installing hp psc 1410 driver Jamesy microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 2 03-10-2008 14:10
error installing hp psc 1410 driver Jamesy microsoft.public.windows.vista hardware devices 0 03-10-2008 13:33
Publisher Print Error: Cannot Load Printer Driver Dangermouse microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 4 12-03-2007 05:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 21:11.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120