Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142

AhmedHF

"AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
news:3C2486F1-E440-45BF-AE7F-38A0274331F4@microsoft.com...
> WHILE I AM INSTALLING THIS PRINTER Printer driver was not installed
> Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)
>
> ANY HELP PLS

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
The error is File not found.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>> WHILE I AM INSTALLING THIS PRINTER Printer driver was not installed
>> Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)
>>
>> ANY HELP PLS

AhmedHF

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
what is the meaning by file not found !!!?? which file?

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> The error is File not found.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>>
>> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>>> WHILE I AM INSTALLING THIS PRINTER Printer driver was not installed
>>> Operation could not be completed (error 0x00000002)
>>>
>>> ANY HELP PLS

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
Where are you obtaining the files? Are you connecting to a printer shared
from another machine or adding the printer as a local printer?

I'd first download and extract the driver files again, maybe something was
corrupted.

You could also check the inf file with the driver and verify all the files
listed in the inf exist. That includes language monitors and print
processors.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

> what is the meaning by file not found !!!?? which file?
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> The error is File not found.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message

AhmedHF

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
I obtaining file on Hard Disk , i conect printer directly to my Lap top

> Where are you obtaining the files? Are you connecting to a printer shared
> from another machine or adding the printer as a local printer?
>
> I'd first download and extract the driver files again, maybe something was
> corrupted.
>
> You could also check the inf file with the driver and verify all the files
> listed in the inf exist. That includes language monitors and print
> processors.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>> what is the meaning by file not found !!!?? which file?
>>

>> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>>> The error is File not found.
>>>
>>> --
>>> Alan Morris
>>> Windows Printing Team
>>> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>>> rights.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
I assumed you obtained the latest driver from Xerox.com but I am unable to
locate a driver for this device. What is the name of the print driver you
are attempting to install? This name is located in the inf file for the
device.

If you are hitting an error using an exe you need to extract all the files
first.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

>I obtaining file on Hard Disk , i conect printer directly to my Lap top
>

> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> Where are you obtaining the files? Are you connecting to a printer
>> shared from another machine or adding the printer as a local printer?
>>
>> I'd first download and extract the driver files again, maybe something
>> was corrupted.
>>
>> You could also check the inf file with the driver and verify all the
>> files listed in the inf exist. That includes language monitors and print
>> processors.
>>
>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "AhmedHF" <AHMEDHF@HOTMAIL.COM> wrote in message
>>> what is the meaning by file not found !!!?? which file?

drkmtr2002

Re: Xerox Wide Format Printer 7142
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/libr...(PROT.10).aspx

PRINTER_STATUS_ERROR

0x00000002

The printer is in an error state

In most cases the printer is not in a error state and can be connected to
another computer with no issues.

The only person who said they resolved this issue said they reinstalled
their operating system!

someone did suggest disabling UAC then reinstalling the printer and then
re-enabling UAC. I am not able to test this as I don't have a vista computer
with the error.

all instances found of Microsoft tech support with this issue went
unresolved as well as many OEM tech supports as well.