Delete cannon printer

southernwind

Delete cannon printer

I have a cannon ip2600 printer.It has worked for about 6 months and now
I can't print. I have canceled all documents and tried to delete drivers
so I can reinstall but vista won't let me. I get a message- Unable to
remove ip2600 series x86,type3-user mode driver. The specified printer
driver is currently in use. Thanks, Keith

--
southernwind
southernwind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95937.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

DL

Re: Delete cannon printer
You dont usually delete drivers, you just reinstall from Canon site

"southernwind" <southernwind.3rm67e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a cannon ip2600 printer.It has worked for about 6 months and now
> I can't print. I have canceled all documents and tried to delete drivers
> so I can reinstall but vista won't let me. I get a message- Unable to
> remove ip2600 series x86,type3-user mode driver. The specified printer
> driver is currently in use. Thanks, Keith
>

> --
> southernwind
> southernwind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95937.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1172940.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Peter

Re: Delete cannon printer
Just unplug it and uninstall any associated software.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"southernwind" <southernwind.3rm67e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a cannon ip2600 printer.It has worked for about 6 months and now
> I can't print. I have canceled all documents and tried to delete drivers
> so I can reinstall but vista won't let me. I get a message- Unable to
> remove ip2600 series x86,type3-user mode driver. The specified printer
> driver is currently in use. Thanks, Keith
>

> --
> southernwind
> southernwind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95937.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1172940.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

southernwind

Re: Delete cannon printer

Maybe I'm going about this all wrong. I was told by cannon that I need
to delete the printer so I can reinstall the installation disk. I went
through the control panel but when I hit delete nothing happans. Some
times the icon will just spin and then I get a message that the program
is not responding. Cannon tried to talk me through it but it would not
delete. They blamed it on Acer and when I called Acer tech support they
blamed cannon.Acer said all they could do is restore factory settings.
Both printer and computer are about 6 months old.

--
southernwind
southernwind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95937.htm
View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1172940.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Delete cannon printer
Written for XP but procedure is identical in Vista:
http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"southernwind" <southernwind.3rm67e@DoNotSpam.com> wrote in message

> I have a cannon ip2600 printer.It has worked for about 6 months and now
> I can't print. I have canceled all documents and tried to delete drivers
> so I can reinstall but vista won't let me. I get a message- Unable to
> remove ip2600 series x86,type3-user mode driver. The specified printer
> driver is currently in use. Thanks, Keith
>

> --
> southernwind
> southernwind's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/95937.htm
> View this thread: http://forums.techarena.in/vista-print-fax/1172940.htm
>
> http://forums.techarena.in

Peter

Re: Delete cannon printer
By the way it's Canon and you can't delete anything in the program list you
can only uninstall or change things.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada