Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server

Boise State Help Desk

Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server
On several Windows Vista Enterprise 32-bit computers, we get the following
error message:
Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed
(error 0x0000007e).
when we try to install the network printer \\PrintServer\USB-Imagistics2330.
The printer will install and print on both Windows XP and Windows Vista

The GPO Deployment per machine reports:

Log Name: Application
Source: Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerSpoolss
Date: 5/1/2009 12:01:20 PM
Event ID: 1037
Task Category: None
Level: Warning
Group Policy was unable to add per computer connection
\\prospectorcreek\USB-Imagistics2330. Error code 0x8007007e. This can occur
if the name of the printer connection is incorrect, or if the print spooler
cannot contact the print server.
Event Xml:
<Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerSpoolss" />
<EventID Qualifiers="32768">1037</EventID>
<Level>3</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<EventRecordID>217777</EventRecordID>
<Channel>Application</Channel>
<Computer>cs-Nameofcomputer.boisestate.edu</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-21-.... <truncated for security reasons>" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>\\PrintServer\USB-Imagistics2330</Data>
<Data>0x8007007e</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Any Ideas on where to look for possible answers about the error? Any ideas
on solutions? The drivers appear to be working on all but a few computers.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server
error

ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND

Are you using Deployed printers or Group Preferences for the connections?

For Deploy printers, disable Fast User Logon.

If it's group preferences, you would need post to a group policy newsgroup.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Boise State Help Desk" <HelpDesk+BoiseState@newsgroup.nospam> wrote in
message news:OuDStlpyJHA.3476@TK2MSFTNGP05.phx.gbl...
> On several Windows Vista Enterprise 32-bit computers, we get the following
> error message:
> Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed
> (error 0x0000007e).
> when we try to install the network printer
> \\PrintServer\USB-Imagistics2330. The printer will install and print on
> both Windows XP and Windows Vista
>
> The GPO Deployment per machine reports:
>
> Log Name: Application
> Source: Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerSpoolss
> Date: 5/1/2009 12:01:20 PM
> Event ID: 1037
> Task Category: None
> Level: Warning
> Group Policy was unable to add per computer connection
> \\prospectorcreek\USB-Imagistics2330. Error code 0x8007007e. This can
> occur if the name of the printer connection is incorrect, or if the print
> spooler cannot contact the print server.
> Event Xml:
> <Event xmlns="http://schemas.microsoft.com/win/2004/08/events/event">
> <System>
> <Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-SpoolerSpoolss" />
> <EventID Qualifiers="32768">1037</EventID>
> <Level>3</Level>
> <Task>0</Task>
> <Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
> <TimeCreated SystemTime="2009-05-01T18:01:20.000Z" />
> <EventRecordID>217777</EventRecordID>
> <Channel>Application</Channel>
> <Computer>cs-Nameofcomputer.boisestate.edu</Computer>
> <Security UserID="S-1-5-21-.... <truncated for security reasons>" />
> </System>
> <EventData>
> <Data>\\PrintServer\USB-Imagistics2330</Data>
> <Data>0x8007007e</Data>
> </EventData>
> </Event>
>
> Any Ideas on where to look for possible answers about the error? Any
> ideas on solutions? The drivers appear to be working on all but a few
> computers.

Robinson Zhang [MSFT]

RE: Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server
Hi,

This issue is more related to group policy and it is recommended that you
post the issue in Microsoft Windows Group Policy discussion group. They
mainly focus on Group Policy question and problem.

Discussions in Microsoft Windows Group Policy
(microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)

The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the
most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the
newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your
interaction with us.

Thank you for your understanding.

However, I would like to share the following link to you:

Event ID 1037 ¡ª Printer Connections Status
http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc773843.aspx

Hope it helps.

Robinson Zhang
Microsoft Online Support

Boise State Help Desk

Re: Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server
Alan and Robinson,

Let's remove some complexity to assist in our discussion. Yes, the printers
are being deployed via GP but we are not limited the install to the GP. A
user can any install any printer in the org at this point. This is the
situation that I am dealing with at this point. A user with Windows Vista
tries to add the printer via the add printer wizard using the find tool for
AD. When the select this printer and click ok, they receive the error:

Windows cannot connect to the printer. Operation could not be completed
(error 0x0000007e).

The driver works on other Vista based computers. Where would you start
looking into this issue?

Thanks in advance.

Peter J.

""Robinson Zhang [MSFT]"" <v-robzha@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> This issue is more related to group policy and it is recommended that you
> post the issue in Microsoft Windows Group Policy discussion group. They
> mainly focus on Group Policy question and problem.
>
> Discussions in Microsoft Windows Group Policy
> (microsoft.public.windows.group_policy)
>
> The reason why we recommend posting appropriately is so you will get the
> most qualified pool of respondents, and other partners who read the
> newsgroups regularly can either share their knowledge or learn from your
> interaction with us.
>
> Thank you for your understanding.
>
> However, I would like to share the following link to you:
>
> Event ID 1037 ¡ª Printer Connections Status
> http://technet.microsoft.com/en-us/l.../cc773843.aspx
>
> Hope it helps.
>
> Robinson Zhang
> Microsoft Online Support

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Imagistics 2330 on MS Printing from Win2k3 Server
the error message is the best place to start

E:\>winerror 0x0000007e
126 ERROR_MOD_NOT_FOUND <--> 0xc0000135 STATUS_DLL_NOT_FOUND

You state that some Vista machine can print to the shared device.

Is the print driver already installed on these machines?

Can a user who is an admin make the printer connection or just users?

Check if the print driver does get installed. If you have a Business or
Ultimate client launch printmanagement.msc. Open the Drivers node in the
utility.

Verify the driver is not installed. Make the printer connection. Check if
the driver gets installed (Refresh during the connection phase).

If the driver does get installed there is another component to the printer
that is not getting installed. Check the printer registry settings on the
server for any dependent files or language monitor files associated with
the printer and driver.

If the driver is not installed check the check the print driver registry
values on the print server.

--

message news:e$ledsYzJHA.140@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl...