Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up?

Viv

Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up?
I have a Vista Business computer which, when I try to print using the
auto-duplex unit on my HP Business Inkjet 1000 printer prints the second page
upside down, whether I check the Flip Pages Up box or leave it unchecked.
I do not have this problem on my Vista Home computer which uses the
auto-duplex unit correctly.
For some reason it looks as if the printer drivers on the two computers are
different as the screens to set the properties are radically different. I
have posted some screen dumps from the two computers at
http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pyner/Printers.htm to show the differences.
Is there any way I can change the printer driver files, (or whatever files
are causing the problem), on my Business computer to be the same as on my
Home computer so that I can print all of my documents from the computer I use
the most?

Viv
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up?
HP fixed most of the driver with this issue

Delete the printer and the driver first before installing the Windows Update
driver.

http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...0Inkjet%201000

HP developer is recommending this one

HP - Printers - hp business inkjet 1000 Windows 7 Client,Windows Vista
Drivers (Printers) 5/1/2007

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have a Vista Business computer which, when I try to print using the
> auto-duplex unit on my HP Business Inkjet 1000 printer prints the second
> page
> upside down, whether I check the Flip Pages Up box or leave it unchecked.
> I do not have this problem on my Vista Home computer which uses the
> auto-duplex unit correctly.
> For some reason it looks as if the printer drivers on the two computers
> are
> different as the screens to set the properties are radically different. I
> have posted some screen dumps from the two computers at
> http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pyner/Printers.htm to show the differences.
> Is there any way I can change the printer driver files, (or whatever files
> are causing the problem), on my Business computer to be the same as on my
> Home computer so that I can print all of my documents from the computer I
> use
> the most?
>
> Viv

Viv

Re: Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up?
Thanks Alan,

I have deleted the printer from Control Panel, does that delete the driver
as well?

There are 8 drivers, or updates, on the page you pointed me to, seven of
which are Windows 7 Client, but none with the date you quoted. Do you mean
one of the 2 with date 4/30/2007 and version number 6.0.6000.555? If so
should it be the file with size 5.1Mb or 5.3Mb or will either do?

Viv

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:

> HP fixed most of the driver with this issue
>
> Delete the printer and the driver first before installing the Windows Update
> driver.
>
> http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...0Inkjet%201000
>
> HP developer is recommending this one
>
> HP - Printers - hp business inkjet 1000 Windows 7 Client,Windows Vista
> Drivers (Printers) 5/1/2007
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I have a Vista Business computer which, when I try to print using the
> > auto-duplex unit on my HP Business Inkjet 1000 printer prints the second
> > page
> > upside down, whether I check the Flip Pages Up box or leave it unchecked.
> > I do not have this problem on my Vista Home computer which uses the
> > auto-duplex unit correctly.
> > For some reason it looks as if the printer drivers on the two computers
> > are
> > different as the screens to set the properties are radically different. I
> > have posted some screen dumps from the two computers at
> > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pyner/Printers.htm to show the differences.
> > Is there any way I can change the printer driver files, (or whatever files
> > are causing the problem), on my Business computer to be the same as on my
> > Home computer so that I can print all of my documents from the computer I
> > use
> > the most?
> >
> > Viv

Viv

Re: Why does Business computer print pages wrong way up?
Sorry, I have now worked out which file to download and done that but do not
know what to do with it now as it is a cabinet file and I have extracted the
files but now need to know where to put them.

Viv

"Viv" wrote:

> Thanks Alan,
>
> I have deleted the printer from Control Panel, does that delete the driver
> as well?
>
> There are 8 drivers, or updates, on the page you pointed me to, seven of
> which are Windows 7 Client, but none with the date you quoted. Do you mean
> one of the 2 with date 4/30/2007 and version number 6.0.6000.555? If so
> should it be the file with size 5.1Mb or 5.3Mb or will either do?
>
> Viv
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" wrote:
>
> > HP fixed most of the driver with this issue
> >
> > Delete the printer and the driver first before installing the Windows Update
> > driver.
> >
> > http://catalog.update.microsoft.com/...0Inkjet%201000
> >
> > HP developer is recommending this one
> >
> > HP - Printers - hp business inkjet 1000 Windows 7 Client,Windows Vista
> > Drivers (Printers) 5/1/2007
> >
> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
> > http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

> > "Viv" <Viv@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > >I have a Vista Business computer which, when I try to print using the
> > > auto-duplex unit on my HP Business Inkjet 1000 printer prints the second
> > > page
> > > upside down, whether I check the Flip Pages Up box or leave it unchecked.
> > > I do not have this problem on my Vista Home computer which uses the
> > > auto-duplex unit correctly.
> > > For some reason it looks as if the printer drivers on the two computers
> > > are
> > > different as the screens to set the properties are radically different. I
> > > have posted some screen dumps from the two computers at
> > > http://myweb.tiscali.co.uk/pyner/Printers.htm to show the differences.
> > > Is there any way I can change the printer driver files, (or whatever files
> > > are causing the problem), on my Business computer to be the same as on my
> > > Home computer so that I can print all of my documents from the computer I
> > > use
> > > the most?
> > >
> > > Viv

Bob Headrick [MVP]

newsB341327-77CE-4039-8D33-0D15ED223C75@microsoft.com:

> Sorry, I have now worked out which file to download and done that but do not
> know what to do with it now as it is a cabinet file and I have extracted the
> files but now need to know where to put them.

From the printers folder select "Add Printer", select the proper port,
then select "have disk" and point to the proper directory where you
extracted the drivers.

Regards,
Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Viv

"Bob Headrick [MVP]" wrote:

> From the printers folder select "Add Printer", select the proper port,
> then select "have disk" and point to the proper directory where you
> extracted the drivers.
>
> Regards,
> Bob Headrick, MS MVP Printing/Imaging

Thanks for your help Bob. I tried what you suggested but kept getting an
error code 0x00000002, which I think is saying that there is a missing file,
but I checked all the files from the download against the list in the
'SourcesDisksFiles' section of 'hphpabijVst4wu.inf' and they are all there.

However, when I tried the Windows Update option instead of the Have Disk
option the correct printer driver did install and printing using the
auto-duplex unit now works correctly.

I am now happy,

Viv