How Do you Print From Vista x64 to Ep Sty P 1280 on XP Pro

Melissa Rose

How Do you Print From Vista x64 to Ep Sty P 1280 on XP Pro

Hi :-),
Can some one please walk me through connecting to an Epson Stylus
Photo 1280 that is on a 32bit Windows XP Pro Service Pak 3 machine from
a x64 Vista Ultimate Machine. They are networked fine and I can see the
printer on the other machine but it says the wrong drivers are installed
when I try to connect. I have hooked the printer up directly to the
Vista machine and it installed the drivers and printed fine while
attached. I just don't know how to connect it as a network printer.
Thanks for any help with this :-)!
Best regards Melissa Rose

--
Melissa Rose
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: How Do you Print From Vista x64 to Ep Sty P 1280 on XP Pro
You get the drivers for Vista 64 bit and install them on the Vista PC, then
connect to the XP PC, add the printer as a network printer, and when it asks
for drivers, point it to wherever you installed them on the Vista PC.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Melissa Rose" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hi :-),
> Can some one please walk me through connecting to an Epson Stylus
> Photo 1280 that is on a 32bit Windows XP Pro Service Pak 3 machine from
> a x64 Vista Ultimate Machine. They are networked fine and I can see the
> printer on the other machine but it says the wrong drivers are installed
> when I try to connect. I have hooked the printer up directly to the
> Vista machine and it installed the drivers and printed fine while
> attached. I just don't know how to connect it as a network printer.
> Thanks for any help with this :-)!
> Best regards Melissa Rose
>

> --
> Melissa Rose

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: How Do you Print From Vista x64 to Ep Sty P 1280 on XP Pro
The driver names must match exactly.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team