Can't print tiff file with Vista

tpretz

Can't print tiff file with Vista

I work with text documents in tiff file format all day long. When I
click on a tiff file, it opens in Windows Photo Gallery. when I try to
print it, it either will not print at all or the send fax program comes
up. and there does not seem to be any other program that will open tiff
files on the computer besides the photo gallery. can you not print tiff
files with Vista? i have spent almost a week trying to figure this out.
printing a simple document should not be a difficult thing, but for the
life of me i can't figure it out. but if you can print tiff files, is
there also a way to select what you want to print, like maybe the 1st
page only of a 10 page doc? I have a HP officejet pro 8500 printer.

--
tpretz
Peter

Re: Can't print tiff file with Vista
You might try IrfanView... http://www.irfanview.net/
It will let you view, edit & print all kinds of files.

Or...

You may want to print these instruction and please pass on to anyone you
know who may be having this problem.

I went to www.bravareader.com/downloadreader.htm and downloaded the free
reader on the left side of the screen

Then to associate the tif file with the reader I did the following:

Click on Start in lower LH corner
Left click on Default programs
Left click on Associate file type or protocol with a program
Wait a few seconds while it loads
Scroll down to .tif and click on it
Left click on Change Program at top right
Click on Browse
Scroll down to IGC folder and left double click the folder

Left double click on Brava Reader folder
Single left click on Brava Reader at the bottom
Click Open at lower right hand corner

Click OK and wait while the program finishes
You should now see Brava Reader next to the tif file in the list
Click on close and you are done!

But please note that rumours have it that this issue is fixed in the
upcoming Vista Service Pack 2.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"tpretz" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I work with text documents in tiff file format all day long. When I
> click on a tiff file, it opens in Windows Photo Gallery. when I try to
> print it, it either will not print at all or the send fax program comes
> up. and there does not seem to be any other program that will open tiff
> files on the computer besides the photo gallery. can you not print tiff
> files with Vista? i have spent almost a week trying to figure this out.
> printing a simple document should not be a difficult thing, but for the
> life of me i can't figure it out. but if you can print tiff files, is
> there also a way to select what you want to print, like maybe the 1st
> page only of a 10 page doc? I have a HP officejet pro 8500 printer.
>

> --
> tpretz

Peter

Re: Can't print tiff file with Vista
By the way that was a direct crib from another poster elsewhere.

--
Peter
Toronto, Canada
"Peter" <nobody@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> You might try IrfanView... http://www.irfanview.net/
> It will let you view, edit & print all kinds of files.
>

> Or...
>
> You may want to print these instruction and please pass on to anyone you
> know who may be having this problem.
>

> I went to www.bravareader.com/downloadreader.htm and downloaded the free
> reader on the left side of the screen
>
> Then to associate the tif file with the reader I did the following:
>
> Click on Start in lower LH corner
> Left click on Default programs
> Left click on Associate file type or protocol with a program
> Wait a few seconds while it loads
> Scroll down to .tif and click on it
> Left click on Change Program at top right
> Click on Browse
> Scroll down to IGC folder and left double click the folder
>
> Left double click on Brava Reader folder
> Single left click on Brava Reader at the bottom
> Click Open at lower right hand corner
>
> Click OK and wait while the program finishes
> You should now see Brava Reader next to the tif file in the list
> Click on close and you are done!
>
> But please note that rumours have it that this issue is fixed in the
> upcoming Vista Service Pack 2.
>
> --
> Peter
> Toronto, Canada
> "tpretz" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I work with text documents in tiff file format all day long. When I
>> click on a tiff file, it opens in Windows Photo Gallery. when I try to
>> print it, it either will not print at all or the send fax program comes
>> up. and there does not seem to be any other program that will open tiff
>> files on the computer besides the photo gallery. can you not print tiff
>> files with Vista? i have spent almost a week trying to figure this out.
>> printing a simple document should not be a difficult thing, but for the
>> life of me i can't figure it out. but if you can print tiff files, is
>> there also a way to select what you want to print, like maybe the 1st
>> page only of a 10 page doc? I have a HP officejet pro 8500 printer.
>>

>> --
>> tpretz

Mike Bernstein

Re: Can't print tiff file with Vista
I have just opened a TIFF picture in Vista Windows Photo Gallery and printed
it out on my printer. When you open the print window from the Gallery, you
should have drop down at top left, under 'How do you want to print your
pictures?', to set the output printer. If that is set to Fax, it will bring
up the fax program. If so, change it to your printer and it should print.

Mike Bernstein

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4016 (20090417) __________

http://www.eset.com