HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem

Navop

HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem

Setup

Vista Ultimate x64

Can someone help me out I have the following printer HP color laserjet
2605dn
and it won't let me print in duplex mode

looked on Hp web site for installation drivers and found nothing, then
I found this file EZInstall, but It can't find my printer on the
network.

Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction so I can
print in duplex mode.

Thanks

--
Navop
David

Re: HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem

"Navop" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Setup
>
> Vista Ultimate x64
>
> Can someone help me out I have the following printer HP
> color laserjet
> 2605dn
> and it won't let me print in duplex mode
>
> looked on Hp web site for installation drivers and found
> nothing, then
> I found this file EZInstall, but It can't find my printer
> on the
> network.
>
> Can someone help me out or point me in the right direction
> so I can
> print in duplex mode.
>
> Thanks
>

> --
> Navop

I have exactly the same setup and HP does have a Vista 64
driver on their site. It is just the driver without all of
the other stuff. I use it and it works fine.

David

"David" <someone@somewhere.com> wrote in message

> "Navop" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> Setup
>>
>> Vista Ultimate x64
>>
>> Can someone help me out I have the following printer HP
>> color laserjet
>> 2605dn
>> and it won't let me print in duplex mode
>>
>> looked on Hp web site for installation drivers and found
>> nothing, then
>> I found this file EZInstall, but It can't find my printer
>> on the
>> network.
>>
>> Can someone help me out or point me in the right
>> direction so I can
>> print in duplex mode.
>>
>> Thanks
>>

>> --
>> Navop

> I have exactly the same setup and HP does have a Vista 64
> driver on their site. It is just the driver without all of
> the other stuff. I use it and it works fine.
>
> David

Replying to my own post; The driver is named:
clj2605-PCL6-pnp-winv64-ww.exe. Run the file and it will
unzip into a folder on your hard drive and start
installation, It the install fails, use the add printer
dialog and at the appropriate time select 'have disk' and
point it to that folder that was created. If the printer is
already installed you can use the update driver to
accomplish the same thing.

David

Navop

Re: HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem

Sorry forgot to mention I'm using network cable, the printer is plugged
into a router.

Looked at the driver you mentioned and its for the usb connection.

"Use this software for first time USB installations only. Do NOT attach
USB cable until prompted by the installation program. The driver
contained in this download package is the PCL 6 driver for Windows XP
x64 Edition."

Will looked around for network drivers.

Thanks
Navop

> Sorry forgot to mention I'm using network cable, the
> printer is plugged
> into a router.
>
> Looked at the driver you mentioned and its for the usb
> connection.
>
> "Use this software for first time USB installations only.
> Do NOT attach
> USB cable until prompted by the installation program. The
> driver
> contained in this download package is the PCL 6 driver for
> Windows XP
> x64 Edition."
>
> Will looked around for network drivers.
>
> Thanks
> Navop
>

> --
> Navop

Use the 'add (a network) printer' method I described with
this same driver and all should work. The USB note applies
to running the built-in setup routine.

David

erintom

Re: HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem

I brought a Toshiba laptop with Vista Ultimate 64 bit to the office and
cannot get a networked HP2065 printer to work. I downloaded and
installed the software mentioned above but the laptop cannot find the
printer. HP is no help as I am 6 months out of warranty but I am amazed
that they do not support this issue on their web site. Any help would be
appreciated. Thank you.

--
erintom
erintom's Profile: http://forums.techarena.in/members/96801.htm

http://forums.techarena.in

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: HP laserjet 2605DN Printing problem
You should be able to tell Vista where the printer is by telling it the
TCP/IP address of the printer as its location, as in

\\123.123.123.123

--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows