924 AIO won't scan

Ken

924 AIO won't scan
I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with windows Vista. I have added a Dell
924 AIO printer to it . Everything works, but it will not scan. Any ideas?
--
Ken
tanuj_chadha

Re: 924 AIO won't scan

Please answer the following questions:

1) What windows version do you have (32bit or 64 bit)

2) Is the printer able to copy without being plugged into the system

3) How the printer & the system connected, USB cable or a wireless
adapter

--
tanuj_chadha

Tanuj

History repeats itself, first as tragedy, second as farce. - Karl
Marx :geek:
LVTravel

Re: 924 AIO won't scan

"Ken" <Ken@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> I have a Dell Inspiron 1720 laptop with windows Vista. I have added a Dell
> 924 AIO printer to it . Everything works, but it will not scan. Any ideas?
> --
> Ken

Vista 64? - drivers not available for printer. Did you install the printer
properly? In other words, install software before plugging in the printer.
This is the normal procedure for all USB printers. The Quick Install sheet
would have given specific instructions to install.

From the Users Guide:

Pg. 17

"Scan Mode
The Scan submenu is only available if the printer is connected to a network
adapter. If you
choose Scan as the mode, you are prompted to choose the destination computer
for the scanned
document. You can scroll through the available computers by pressing the
arrow buttons.
Pressing the Menu button selects the currently displayed computer name.
NOTE: If your printer is connected locally, the Scan submenu does not
appear; the host computer is
automatically selected."

Pg. 30

"Scanning
You can scan with your printer using the printer operator panel or your
computer.
1 Turn on your computer and printer, and make sure they are connected.
2 Open the top cover.
3 Place the document you want to scan face down on the scanner glass, and
make sure the
upper left corner of the front of the document aligns with the arrow on the
printer. For
more information, see "Placing Your Document on the Scanner Glass" on page
21.
4 Close the top cover.
5 Open the Dell All-In-One Center by clicking Start→Programs or All
Programs→Dell
Printers→Dell Photo AIO Printer 924→Dell All-In-One Center .
The Dell All-In-One Center opens.
NOTE: You can also open the Dell All-In-One Center from the operator panel
on your printer. When
your printer is in Scan mode, press the Start button . The Dell All-In-One
Center opens on your
computer.
6 In the Send scanned image to: drop-down menu, select a program as your
scan
destination. For example, choose Fax to scan an image you want to fax.
NOTE: If the program you want to use is not listed, select Search for
more... in the drop-down menu.
On the next screen, click Add to locate and add your program to the list.
7 Customize your scan settings.
8 Click Scan Now to complete your scan."

When you perform the above procedures from the instruction manual that you
received with the computer, what happens? List any error messages or
describe exactly what takes place (scan light doesn't illuminate, no
movement of scanner, etc.)

Ken

Re: 924 AIO won't scan
I have Vista home premium 32 bits. It is a USB connection.I could not get
the Dell AIO center to open. I downloaded a patch to remove the printer, and
downloaded Vista 32 bits drivers. Now the Dell AIO center opens and I can
scan. But when I scan to Works 9 word processer I don't get all of the
docment. ABBYY FineReader Sprinter 6.0, which was on the cd that came with
the printer, won't scan manually. When I scan from the Dell AIO center to
Word, I get the document, but can't do anything with it, because it is an
image. I can't change the format.I think there is something wrong with ABBYY.
--
Ken