Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

rdomino

Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

My Vista home laptop used to print to my XP server but no longer does.
This started about a week ago after I changed the router. I tried
reinstalling the printer however it still doesn't print. I'm able to
open the properties and make changes there however I get an error when I
try and print. My other XP laptops print.

--
rdomino
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server
can the laptop copy files to the XP machine?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"rdomino" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> My Vista home laptop used to print to my XP server but no longer does.
> This started about a week ago after I changed the router. I tried
> reinstalling the printer however it still doesn't print. I'm able to
> open the properties and make changes there however I get an error when I
> try and print. My other XP laptops print.
>

> --
> rdomino

tiggerpunt

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

:cry: I am bascially having the same problem, My HP desktop XP is my
main server to which I have connected my HP 812C printer. I have also
networked my HP Vista Laptop 32 bit to my router. I was having major
issues with my desktop and as a last ditch effort, I had to take the
desktop back to factory settings. NOW< my laptop will still connect to
the Internet, HOWEVER, my printer will not print from the laptop. IT IS
installed and in the staus box it says READY but as soon as I hit print
I get a message that says. (Document failed to print, and the staus
changes to error) As soon as I delete or cancel the document that is in
the cache, it goes back to the READY staus. What can I do??? HELP

--
tiggerpunt
rdomino

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

Yes the laptop can copy files to and from the XP machine

--
rdomino
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server
I'll sounds like you have already deleted the connection and then readded.
Any system eventlog entries of other warnings on the XP machine?

--

> Yes the laptop can copy files to and from the XP machine
>

> --
> rdomino

rdomino

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

No No warnings at all. Not even on the Laptop. When I was able to print
a pop up would say sent to printer then another would pop up when it
was completed or if there was an error it would say it failed to print.
Now all that happens is a pop up says sent to printer then nothing.

--
rdomino
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server
when you pause the printer on the XP machine, then send the job from Vista,
does the data get to the XP machine (open the queue to view the jobs).

--

> No No warnings at all. Not even on the Laptop. When I was able to print
> a pop up would say sent to printer then another would pop up when it
> was completed or if there was an error it would say it failed to print.
> Now all that happens is a pop up says sent to printer then nothing.
>

> --
> rdomino

rdomino

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

I don't pause the printer. I don't know what you mean by that

--
rdomino
Questor

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server
Used to get arround a similar problem by deleting the printer and adding it
as a local printer see below which I found Googling problem before;

"I had the same problem. I found a solution. Logically it makes no sense to
me, but it worked so...

Go to Control Panel. Choose printer. Then choose Add Printer.

ChooseAdd a local printer. Click on Create a new port. The default in the
drop down box is Local Port. Do not change that. Click Next.

A dialogue box will appear asking for you to enter a port name. Type in the
\\computer name\printer name ie. My computer's name is basement and the
printer name is EpsonSty so I typed in \\basement\epsonsty ."

rdomino

Re: Vista home laptop no longer prints to XP server

Already done that. That's the way it was printing before all this
started.

Last night I added the printer the recommended way and it showed it
connected. When I tried printing using that nothing happens just as it
did when I first tried it 2 years ago when I got the laptop

--
rdomino