Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1

mbh017

Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1

Hello, I have a problem with my laser printer, Epson EPL5700. EPL5700 is
a monochrome laser printer, with a LPT1 port. Linked to a computer, who
running with XP Familly edition, she work fine, and XP recognizes it
automatiquely.

But when I have linked my printer on my other computer who running on
Windows Vista SP1 32bit, I can install the printer, I select the port
who is LPT1, after, I choose the "EPL 5700" on the drivers list, and I
finish the configuration. I try to print a test page and the status of
the printer change : before print of test page, it was "Ready"... and
after, It change to "Error" and the page isn't printed... That the same
thing when I try to print another document.
Can you help me? Thanks!

--
mbh017
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1
Check the computer BIOS configuration for the parallel port. AT, ECP, EPP.
The printer may not work with the current BIOS config on the Vista machine.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"mbh017" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello, I have a problem with my laser printer, Epson EPL5700. EPL5700 is
> a monochrome laser printer, with a LPT1 port. Linked to a computer, who
> running with XP Familly edition, she work fine, and XP recognizes it
> automatiquely.
>
> But when I have linked my printer on my other computer who running on
> Windows Vista SP1 32bit, I can install the printer, I select the port
> who is LPT1, after, I choose the "EPL 5700" on the drivers list, and I
> finish the configuration. I try to print a test page and the status of
> the printer change : before print of test page, it was "Ready"... and
> after, It change to "Error" and the page isn't printed... That the same
> thing when I try to print another document.
> Can you help me? Thanks!
>

> --
> mbh017

LVTravel

Re: Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1

"mbh017" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> Hello, I have a problem with my laser printer, Epson EPL5700. EPL5700 is
> a monochrome laser printer, with a LPT1 port. Linked to a computer, who
> running with XP Familly edition, she work fine, and XP recognizes it
> automatiquely.
>
> But when I have linked my printer on my other computer who running on
> Windows Vista SP1 32bit, I can install the printer, I select the port
> who is LPT1, after, I choose the "EPL 5700" on the drivers list, and I
> finish the configuration. I try to print a test page and the status of
> the printer change : before print of test page, it was "Ready"... and
> after, It change to "Error" and the page isn't printed... That the same
> thing when I try to print another document.
> Can you help me? Thanks!
>

> --
> mbh017

Are you physically connecting the printer with a parallel printer cable to
the Vista machine or connecting through a network with the printer attached
to the XP machine? I am not totally clear on your question.

mbh017

Re: Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1

Hello, thank you all, LVTravel and Alan Morris : the problem was that
the parallel port was set to "disactivated" in the bios. Now, my printer
works perfectly.
Thank you Alan Morris : I had not thought it could be a bios
problem...

[image: http://www.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/yaisse.gif]

--
mbh017
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1
you are welcome. They next thing I would have had you check is if the
little cable from the system board was connected to the case hardware. I
hit that issue once and had to crack the case and connect the cable.

--

> Hello, thank you all, LVTravel and Alan Morris : the problem was that
> the parallel port was set to "disactivated" in the bios. Now, my printer
> works perfectly.
> Thank you Alan Morris : I had not thought it could be a bios
> problem...
>
> [image: http://www.pcinpact.com/images/smiles/yaisse.gif]
>

> --
> mbh017

mbh017

Re: Problem with Epson EPL5700 on Vista SP1

Yes, everything is connected correctly. Now I haven't problems with my
printer. Thank you

--
mbh017
LVTravel

> Yes, everything is connected correctly. Now I haven't problems with my
> printer. Thank you
>

> --
> mbh017

Glad it's working OK.