Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem

r70454ss

Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem

I keep getting the following error when I try to print.
Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and
they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is
there a fix for it?Thanks

--
r70454ss
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
the software is not a Microsoft product. You got the writers of the
software correct the first time.

Did MS make core changes that caused their software to not work on Vista,
that's possible. I'll ping one of the Lexmark testers who work here in
Redmond and see if he has additional information on this software.

Does the document print without the use of the Lexmark Job Status Monitor
software?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"r70454ss" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting the following error when I try to print.
> Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and
> they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is
> there a fix for it?Thanks
>

> --
> r70454ss

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
If this was an upgrade from XP the issue might be with the files that were
migrated. Did you already install the drivers from 11/2008?

If not delete the printer, delete the drivers, run any uninstall software
from Lexmark and install the printer once again. Hopefully Lexmark will
respond tomorrow.

Version: Released: File Size: Owner:
1.2.6.2 NOV 13 2008 79.30 MB Lexmark

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"r70454ss" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I keep getting the following error when I try to print.
> Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and
> they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is
> there a fix for it?Thanks
>

> --
> r70454ss

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
I found out from my Lexmark contact this is a known issue when running the
Windows 7 OS. Are you running Win7 or Vista.

If you are running Vista, someone who works for Lexmark is interested in
contacting you.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> If this was an upgrade from XP the issue might be with the files that were
> migrated. Did you already install the drivers from 11/2008?
>
> If not delete the printer, delete the drivers, run any uninstall software
> from Lexmark and install the printer once again. Hopefully Lexmark will
> respond tomorrow.
>

> Version: Released: File Size: Owner:
> 1.2.6.2 NOV 13 2008 79.30 MB Lexmark
>

> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "r70454ss" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I keep getting the following error when I try to print.
>> Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and
>> they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is
>> there a fix for it?Thanks
>>

>> --
>> r70454ss

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
I just heard again from Lexmark, This issue does indeed occur in Vista.

--

>I found out from my Lexmark contact this is a known issue when running the
>Windows 7 OS. Are you running Win7 or Vista.
>
> If you are running Vista, someone who works for Lexmark is interested in
> contacting you.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team

> rights.
>
> "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <alanmo@online.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> If this was an upgrade from XP the issue might be with the files that
>> were migrated. Did you already install the drivers from 11/2008?
>>
>> If not delete the printer, delete the drivers, run any uninstall software
>> from Lexmark and install the printer once again. Hopefully Lexmark will
>> respond tomorrow.
>>

>> Version: Released: File Size: Owner:
>> 1.2.6.2 NOV 13 2008 79.30 MB Lexmark
>>

>> --
>> Alan Morris
>> Windows Printing Team
>> http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>> rights.
>>
>> "r70454ss" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>>
>>> I keep getting the following error when I try to print.
>>> Job Status Window Interface has stopped Working. I called Lexmark and
>>> they said it was a windows problem. Has anybody had this problem? Is
>>> there a fix for it?Thanks
>>>

>>> --
>>> r70454ss

r70454ss

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem

My computer came with Vista installed on it.

--
r70454ss
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
Lexmark said this happens on x64 machines. I'll assume you have the 64bit
OS installed.

--

> My computer came with Vista installed on it.
>

> --
> r70454ss

r70454ss

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem

My computer is 32 bit

--
r70454ss
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Lexmark X5650 Printer Problem
Okay I'll update the Lexmark gang. They had one other question. They said
they have only seen the issue on Windows 7 and Vista SP2. Did you install
one of the Release Candidate SP2 builds?

Lexmark said they have to run the application in compatibility mode. They
did not explain further.

--

> My computer is 32 bit
>

> --