Vista laptop won't print to Lexmark wifi printer

ahuta

Vista laptop won't print to Lexmark wifi printer

Hi everybody, and thanks in advance for the help!

I am trying to get a printer working for a friend of mine and I'm not
getting anywhere. He has a newer HP laptop with Vista home premium 32,
Belkin wireless-n router, and Lexmark X6570 wifi printer. The router is
not used to access the internet, just basically as a print server. I
installed the printer in Vista as a standard tcp-ip port and vista seems
to recognize the printer. I can print a test page from the printer
properties and I can also ping the printer successfully. The problem is
that it will not print anything else ie. from word, excel, internet; no
other documents. Sometimes it will give a communication error; then
sometimes it will say "printing" in the print que but the printer
doesn't actually print the document. I don't know what else to try so
any and all help is appreciated!

--
ahuta
Cari

Re: Vista laptop won't print to Lexmark wifi printer
Try installing the printer locally (ie connect it to his notebook PC) first
and see if that works.

If it does, then reinstall it to work wirelessly.... don't forget to assign
it a static IP address and then when looking for it, the address should be
\\TCP.IP.Add.Ress (ie the TCP address you just assigned it).

When you then print from Word (or other application) remember the first time
to ensure you are actually printing to the correct printer.... use File,
Print and make sure you have the correct printer, rather than just clicking
on the print icon on the toolbar.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows