Spooler Error - XP/Vista Network

SOLIS

Spooler Error - XP/Vista Network

I have an Dell Desktop running XP.
I have a HP Laserjet all in one printer connected to the Dell.
I have a Toshiba Satelite Laptop running Vista.
I have a Linksys wireless router.

So basically, its a two comp network with a shared printer.

Okay - So it goes...

I set up a home network and shared the printer through the Dell. On the
Laptop, I found the shared printer on the network and added it. I
recieved a prompt that I needed to install the drivers to the laptop for
that particular printer, which I did. So far so good. It promted me to
print a test page, and it did that without a problem. Sweet.

So now the printer is shared, added, and shows ready on the laptop. I
open a word doc on the *laptop* and attempt to print - and I get the
'Spooler has stopped running' error on the *desktop* computer. I can
still print from the Dell desktop after I restart the spooler, but I
just can't seem to print anything from the laptop (other than the test
page).

Do I need to download XP drivers on my Vista Laptop in order to
successfully send print jobs? Any help would be much appreciated.

-SOLIS

--
SOLIS
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Spooler Error - XP/Vista Network
most likely the driver installed on the XP machine causes the spooler
service to terminate on Vista. Check HP for an updated driver. If the
driver name is exactly the same then just install the Vista driver on the
laptop.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team