HP Deskjet 9650 Vista Help

adadams

HP Deskjet 9650 Vista Help
I have a HP 9650 and am running Vista.  I understand that the 9650 is not supported in Vista and recommends the Alternate 9800 Printer Driver.  I had this installed and was working fine until this morning when I disconnected everything in order to move  my computer around. Once I plugged everything back in, it wanted me to reinstall and then said couldn't find drivers.  I have done exactly what the support page said, making sure it was not plugged in, loading and then connecting, then changing the Port from LPT1 to USB.  It still does not recognize the printer and I get an error on the Test Page.  Can anyone help?

jasonpierce

Re: HP Deskjet 9650 Vista Help

adadams;987693 Wrote:
> I have a HP 9650 and am running Vista.  I understand that the 9650
> is not supported in Vista and recommends the Alternate 9800 Printer
> Driver.  I had this installed and was working fine until this
> morning when I disconnected everything in order to move  my
> computer around. Once I plugged everything back in, it wanted me to
> reinstall and then said couldn't find drivers.  I have done exactly
> what the support page said, making sure it was not plugged in, loading
> and then connecting, then changing the Port from LPT1 to USB.  It
> still does not recognize the printer and I get an error on the Test
> Page.  Can anyone help?

I am also having issues with my hp deskjet 9650 and Vista 64. HP has
recommended using the 9800 series driver as a workaround. The 9800
driver comes bundled with vista and is not available on the HP site.
This is fine when attaching the printer directly to the machine. Thru
the add wizard I just select add local printer and I am given a list
from which to select the 9800. However I need to add this printer over a
network. The add wizard looks for shared printers on the network sees
the 9650 and asks me to locate the driver manually. I don't have a clue
where the driver is. I have discovered a series of drivers here
(C:\Windows\System32\drivers) but they are in no way clearly labeled and
none appear to be the correct one. Can anyone help?

--
jasonpierce

jasonpierce;1125459 Wrote:
> > adadams;987693 Wrote:
> > I have a HP 9650 and am running Vista.  I understand that the 9650
> > is not supported in Vista and recommends the Alternate 9800 Printer
> > Driver.  I had this installed and was working fine until this
> > morning when I disconnected everything in order to move  my
> > computer around. Once I plugged everything back in, it wanted me to
> > reinstall and then said couldn't find drivers.  I have done exactly
> > what the support page said, making sure it was not plugged in, loading
> > and then connecting, then changing the Port from LPT1 to USB.  It
> > still does not recognize the printer and I get an error on the Test
> > Page.  Can anyone help?
> >

> I am also having issues with my hp deskjet 9650 and Vista 64. HP has
> recommended using the 9800 series driver as a workaround. The 9800
> driver comes bundled with vista and is not available on the HP site.
> This is fine when attaching the printer directly to the machine. Thru
> the add wizard I just select add local printer and I am given a list
> from which to select the 9800. However I need to add this printer over
> a network. The add wizard looks for shared printers on the network
> sees the 9650 and asks me to locate the driver manually. I don't have
> a clue where the driver is. I have discovered a series of drivers here
> (C:\Windows\System32\drivers) but they are in no way clearly labeled
> and none appear to be the correct one. Can anyone help?

Thanks to Malke, this network issue has been clearly resolved in the
following thread;

http://www.vistax64.com/vista-print-...ml#post1127373

--
jasonpierce