Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer

aelover77

Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer

I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the
driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets
here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or???
I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both
printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top (
which also has vista )

--
aelover77
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer
make sure the laptop has a parallel port for the Forms printer.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"aelover77" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the
> driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets
> here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or???
> I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both
> printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top (
> which also has vista )
>

> --
> aelover77

Andrew Rossmann

Re: Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer
In article <00efec142e114963191702dd1a718ecc@nntp-gateway.com>,
guest@unknown-email.com says...

> I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the
> driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets
> here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or???
> I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both
> printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top (
> which also has vista )

I don't know if it's Plug-and-Play, probably not.

To install the drivers: Go to the Control panel, then pick Printers.

Near the top (below the menu bar, above the icons), pick 'Add a
printer'.

Choose 'Add a local printer'

For the port, use LPT1:

On the driver selection, choose Panasonic on the left, and KX-P2123 on
the right.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
Tom Ferguson

Re: Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer
In all probability, your desktop computer has a parallel port. If so, there
would be no problem connecting the Panasonic printer to it. If the printer
gives garbled output, check the port settings in the BIOS and try setting to
SPP (Simple Parallel Port), if that setting is available.

I do not foresee any problem connecting both printers to your desktop
computer. In fact, once set up, you can send jobs to each independently.

I don't know of any recent notebook/laptops that have a parallel port.
However, I really have not done any kind of survey. If you want to connect
the Panasonic to the notebook, you could use a parallel to USB converter.
Also, there are parallel to express card devices such as these-
http://www.cooldrives.com/1ppaspex34.html

Or you could do it through your network (your message seems to imply that
you have one).

Good luck.
--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"aelover77" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I _FOR_SURE_ ordered this printer and from what I am understanding the
> driver is built in my windows Vista system. Does this mean when it gets
> here I should just be able to plug it in and it will be picked up or???
> I also run a HP Photosmart C6280 on my main desktop computer....can both
> printers be hooked up or could I hook up the dot matrix to my lap top (
> which also has vista )
>

> --
> aelover77

aelover77

Re: Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer

Ahhh so I received it and have had nothing but a head ache and a half
from it and dont know what to do.
So i got a Dot Matrix Panasonic KX P2123 for my computer. My use of
this is for tatoo stencils in which you dont need the ribbon and such.
But I just got it todayand went to hook it up to my computer and hooked
it up with a parallel/USB cord. Once I did so, I went to add printer,
and added it just fine, automatically had the driver installed. Which I
was trilled about!

Then I went to print a test page as prompted with adding a printer and
got nothing.
Then I tried from photoshop. Nothing. And from irfan view. Nothing. In
the buffer it says error. I cant seem to figure out what I am doing
wrong

--
aelover77
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Panasonic Quiet KX-P2123 24-pin Dot Matrix Form Printer
Is the printer in the printers folder

If not make sure the spooler service is started.

If the machine is x64, try to print using the x64 version of notepad.