Dot Matrix Drivers

aelover77

Dot Matrix Drivers

I am looking for a dot matrix printer and have been told that many do
not work on vista. Does anyone know which printers would work on vista?

I am looking in particular at a Panasonic KX-P2123 or a *Epson FX-85*

--
aelover77
Andrew Rossmann

Re: Dot Matrix Drivers
In article <79c1e0ec416d72d34bf3b733a716e97b@nntp-gateway.com>,
guest@unknown-email.com says...

> I am looking for a dot matrix printer and have been told that many do
> not work on vista. Does anyone know which printers would work on vista?
>
> I am looking in particular at a Panasonic KX-P2123 or a *Epson FX-85*

Vista comes with drivers for both of those you mentioned.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross
LVTravel

Re: Dot Matrix Drivers

"aelover77" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I am looking for a dot matrix printer and have been told that many do
> not work on vista. Does anyone know which printers would work on vista?
>
> I am looking in particular at a Panasonic KX-P2123 or a *Epson FX-85*
>

> --
> aelover77

As Andrew stated, there are native drivers in Vista for both printers but
both printers are, AFAIK, only parallel port printers. You will definitely
need parallel port capability on your computer to use these printers. Some
computers, even with the port, are shipped with it turned off in the bios.

Tom Ferguson

Re: Dot Matrix Drivers
I believe the Panasonic KX-2123 is supported on Vista 32 and 64 bit with
"in-box" drivers. I am not sure about the Epson FX-85 itself. I believe
there is no printer-specific driver but that it is supported by the generic
Epson FX 80 family driver.

For a fully supported Epson-
http://www.epson.ca/cgi-bin/ceStore/...s&oid=34222881

--

Tom
MSMVP 1998-2007

"aelover77" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I am looking for a dot matrix printer and have been told that many do
> not work on vista. Does anyone know which printers would work on vista?
>
> I am looking in particular at a Panasonic KX-P2123 or a *Epson FX-85*
>

> --
> aelover77

Andrew Rossmann

Re: Dot Matrix Drivers
In article <ukFDq9bmJHA.1252@TK2MSFTNGP03.phx.gbl>, none@nothere.com
says...
> As Andrew stated, there are native drivers in Vista for both printers but
> both printers are, AFAIK, only parallel port printers. You will definitely
> need parallel port capability on your computer to use these printers. Some
> computers, even with the port, are shipped with it turned off in the bios.

There are USB-to-parallel adapters. I'd think with basic, non-PnP DM
printers and stock MS drivers, they should work fine.

law!!
http://home.att.net/~andyross