Espon R200 Photo Printer

Alberto Vitiello

Espon R200 Photo Printer
I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the problem
is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this Printer under
Vista.
The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer
Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a cartridge
is out of ink.
Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance.
Any Idea?
TIA

Alberto Vitiello
Milano - Italy

Clark

Re: Espon R200 Photo Printer
Alberto Vitiello wrote:
> I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the
> problem is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this
> Printer under Vista.
> The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer
> Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a
> cartridge is out of ink.
> Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance.
> Any Idea?
> TIA
>
> Alberto Vitiello
> Milano - Italy

It appears your printer driver is included in Vista, which is probably
what you are using. If you need the ink monitor, you might try
installing the XP one using compatibility mode.

Clark
Chuck

Re: Espon R200 Photo Printer
I routinely disable the status monitor because it can cause problems with
networked printers and other printer status monitors.

In any event, you should get either a printing error or incorrect output
colors when the ink is very low.
Beyond that, the R200 is slow and of just average printing quality when
compared with the "latest and greatest".

In desperation, I ended up replacing a slow Brother 420CN all in one with an
Epson WF 600. The Epson 600 out of the box is much faster than my R300, and
produces good to very good quality results. In fact, the yellow/green
transition is seemingly more accurate on the WF 600. Epson sort of lied
about "built in double sided" printing, in that there is no duplexer on this
model.

"Alberto Vitiello" <alfavictor@alfavictor.info> wrote in message
>I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the problem
>is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this Printer under
>Vista.
> The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer
> Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a cartridge
> is out of ink.
> Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance.
> Any Idea?
> TIA
>
> Alberto Vitiello
> Milano - Italy

Alberto Vitiello

Re: Espon R200 Photo Printer
Tks for your answer.

I will try. If no chance, I will buy a new printer!

Alberto

"Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>I routinely disable the status monitor because it can cause problems with
>networked printers and other printer status monitors.
>
> In any event, you should get either a printing error or incorrect output
> colors when the ink is very low.
> Beyond that, the R200 is slow and of just average printing quality when
> compared with the "latest and greatest".
>
> In desperation, I ended up replacing a slow Brother 420CN all in one with
> an Epson WF 600. The Epson 600 out of the box is much faster than my
> R300, and produces good to very good quality results. In fact, the
> yellow/green transition is seemingly more accurate on the WF 600. Epson
> sort of lied about "built in double sided" printing, in that there is no
> duplexer on this model.
>
> "Alberto Vitiello" <alfavictor@alfavictor.info> wrote in message
>>I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the problem
>>is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this Printer under
>>Vista.
>> The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer
>> Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a
>> cartridge is out of ink.
>> Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance.
>> Any Idea?
>> TIA
>>
>> Alberto Vitiello
>> Milano - Italy

Chuck

Re: Espon R200 Photo Printer
It's gotten so that printers are inexpensive, and the hassle involved with
getting an older slower printer to work may not be worth the effort.
This happened to me with older epson dot matrix printers some years ago,
then with couple of cannon printers, a panasonic laser, and finally a
brother all in one. My epson R300 is starting to show it's age. Funny
enough, I have a cannon S750 that ""knock on wood" has turned out to be an
inexpensive to operate, long lived printer. So far it's outlasted two newer
printers, a brother and several older printners. It may even outlast the
R300, which was originally bought to replace the S750.

> Tks for your answer.
>
> I will try. If no chance, I will buy a new printer!
>
> Alberto
>
> "Chuck" <cdkuder@msn.com> ha scritto nel messaggio
>>I routinely disable the status monitor because it can cause problems with
>>networked printers and other printer status monitors.
>>
>> In any event, you should get either a printing error or incorrect output
>> colors when the ink is very low.
>> Beyond that, the R200 is slow and of just average printing quality when
>> compared with the "latest and greatest".
>>
>> In desperation, I ended up replacing a slow Brother 420CN all in one with
>> an Epson WF 600. The Epson 600 out of the box is much faster than my
>> R300, and produces good to very good quality results. In fact, the
>> yellow/green transition is seemingly more accurate on the WF 600. Epson
>> sort of lied about "built in double sided" printing, in that there is no
>> duplexer on this model.
>>
>> "Alberto Vitiello" <alfavictor@alfavictor.info> wrote in message
>>>I have this printer from some years and I'm happy with it. Now the
>>>problem is with Win Vista. There is not a specific drive for this Printer
>>>under Vista.
>>> The printer print ok, no problem for this, the problem is the Printer
>>> Monitor that can not see the inks status. So I can not know if a
>>> cartridge is out of ink.
>>> Tried to contact Espon for new driver but no chance.
>>> Any Idea?
>>> TIA
>>>
>>> Alberto Vitiello
>>> Milano - Italy

AshleyLewis

Re: Espon R200 Photo Printer

There are software available which show the status of ink in your
printer.So download it and use it.It is the easiest way.

--
AshleyLewis