Print spooler problems in Vista Home Premium 64bit

LBraley

Print spooler problems in Vista Home Premium 64bit

I was printing fine until one day I got an error that said, Print
Spooler not running. I restarted the print spooler and tried again. I
got the same message. I have reinstalled drivers and rebooted the
system. I still get the same message. I can not add a printer or see
the printers that are installed.

--
LBraley
Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print spooler problems in Vista Home Premium 64bit
Open an elevated command prompt and type

net start spooler

does it say the spooler started or do you get an error?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"LBraley" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I was printing fine until one day I got an error that said, Print
> Spooler not running. I restarted the print spooler and tried again. I
> got the same message. I have reinstalled drivers and rebooted the
> system. I still get the same message. I can not add a printer or see
> the printers that are installed.
>

> --
> LBraley

FRF

'Alan Morris [MSFT Wrote:
> ;976927']Open an elevated command prompt and type
>
> net start spooler
>
> does it say the spooler started or do you get an error?

Because I have the same extremly strange and illogical problem:

"CMD run as Administrator" as you suggest lets me start the spooler but
with the next print job the "spooler does not work no solution ready"
comes back.

And now hold your breath:

I moved to a bigger system drive recently, did the cloning with
"Acronis True Image 10 full version".

After the cloning everything worked fine until yesterday afternoon when
suddenly the spooler pains began out of nowhere.

So I swithed back to the old (slow) harddrive where everything works
fine still and I can print.

I created a sector-by-sector-image of that drive and reloaded it onto
the fast drive.

Does not print.

Also the infamous 2007 Microsoft knowledge base article ("delete
Acrobat Professional 8.1.x and all printers by hand in safe mode...")
does not help a bit.

No piece of non-working software can technically be in a sector by
sector image of a drive that works just fine.

The reason must lie somewhere outside the box.

I have to switch back to the old drive until a solution is provided by
whoever is responsible for the error.

Frank

--
FRF
n601ap

RE: Print spooler problems in Vista Home Premium 64bit
I have the exact same problem. Any insight?

"LBraley" wrote:

> I was printing fine until one day I got an error that said, Print
> Spooler not running. I restarted the print spooler and tried again. I
> got the same message. I have reinstalled drivers and rebooted the
> system. I still get the same message. I can not add a printer or see
> the printers that are installed.
>

> --
> LBraley

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Print spooler problems in Vista Home Premium 64bit
Start by getting the spooler service running. You will need to delete the
print drivers that are causing the spooler to crash from the registry.

If you have a Lexmark there are a couple other steps.

Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team