Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

saholee

Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard
TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
And I got
"Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
0x000003eb)".
It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
Failure!!!
Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties
dialog window for
other printers even working well currently.
Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
Please..... help and give me some advices.
Thanks.

--
saholee
Ten Pin Bowling

Re: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

"saholee" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message

> I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
> I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard
> TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
> So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
> And I got
> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
> 0x000003eb)".
> It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
> Failure!!!
> Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties
> dialog window for
> other printers even working well currently.
> Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
> I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
> Please..... help and give me some advices.
> Thanks.
>

> --
> saholee

dump the HP and get an Epson.

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

E:\>winerror 0x000003eb
1003 ERROR_CAN_NOT_COMPLETE <--> No NTSTATUS matched

verify the print spooler service is started.

Are you using a driver that ships with the OS. If not see if using an inbox
driver at least can get the printer created.

Also on the Standard Port, if the IP address on the printer has changed and
you are printing to the IP rather than the hostname of the device, you will
need to create a new port.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Ten Pin Bowling" <Pin1@btinternet.com> wrote in message

> "saholee" <guest@unknown-email.com> wrote in message
>>
>> I am using Vista Home premium 32bit.
>> I knew a week ago, my default printer (a local printer using standard
>> TCP/IP port) was not recognized by any program I am using any more.
>> So, I deleted it and tried to reinstall the printer.
>> And I got
>> "Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error
>> 0x000003eb)".
>> It's HP LaserJet and I tried every driver recommended.
>> Failure!!!
>> Also I noticed that I am not able to open (see) the printer properties
>> dialog window for
>> other printers even working well currently.
>> Is there anyone can help me to solve these problems?
>> I googled but I could not find the solution to solve my problems.
>> Please..... help and give me some advices.
>> Thanks.
>>

>> --
>> saholee
>>

> dump the HP and get an Epson.

saholee

Re: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)

Dear Alan,

the printer spooler service is started. I checked already.
even restarting the service did not solve any problem I have.
and for the drivers, I tried all drivers I could get (including ones
with OS, downloaded drivers from HP web sites, universal PS
drivers....).
I am still stuck.
I could not open the printer properties box yet.
One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the
print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this
box.
Thank you anyway for your advice.

--
saholee
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)
Make sure you are logged on as the Administrator.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

> Dear Alan,
>
> the printer spooler service is started. I checked already.
> even restarting the service did not solve any problem I have.
> and for the drivers, I tried all drivers I could get (including ones
> with OS, downloaded drivers from HP web sites, universal PS
> drivers....).
> I am still stuck.
> I could not open the printer properties box yet.
> One thing I would like to add to my first thread is I can open the
> print server property box but I can't add or remove anything in this
> box.
> Thank you anyway for your advice.
>

> --
> saholee

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Unable to install printer. Operation could not be completed (error 0x000003eb)
the printer property dialog by default gets opened without admin rights.
Right click on printer Run as administrator to open the property pages with
admin credentials

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team