Network Printer problem

Simon Thomson

Network Printer problem
I am the last member of my family to get my own new laptop, the other 3
laptops and my son's girlfriend's laptop sees the shared printer on the main
PC connected by a CAT5e cable to the Netgear Wireless hub. I however, can
not see anything! I have tried renaming the network on my laptop (which sees
the internet but not the printer), I was wondering if it was the Firewall on
the main Computer (Microsoft) and the one on my laptop (Symantec), so I
disabled the Symantec firewall and it made no difference!

If anyone has any suggestions or ideas...

--
Simon Thomson

Ten Pin Bowling

Re: Network Printer problem

"Simon Thomson" <simon.thomson@eluk.co.uk> wrote in message
>I am the last member of my family to get my own new laptop, the other 3
>laptops and my son's girlfriend's laptop sees the shared printer on the
>main PC connected by a CAT5e cable to the Netgear Wireless hub. I however,
>can not see anything! I have tried renaming the network on my laptop (which
>sees the internet but not the printer), I was wondering if it was the
>Firewall on the main Computer (Microsoft) and the one on my laptop
>(Symantec), so I disabled the Symantec firewall and it made no difference!
>
> If anyone has any suggestions or ideas...
>
> --
> Simon Thomson

OK have you used the Add Printer Wizard on your comp....with Symantec
TOTALLY disabled.

Simon Thomson

Re: Network Printer problem
Thank you so much... I tried this about a week ago to no avail I can now
print off my time sheets!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

--
Simon Thomson

> Thank you so much... I tried this about a week ago to no avail I can now
> print off my time sheets!!! Thank you, thank you, thank you!!!
>
> --
> Simon Thomson
>
> "Ten Pin Bowling" <Pin1@btinternet.com> wrote in message
>>
>> "Simon Thomson" <simon.thomson@eluk.co.uk> wrote in message
>>>I am the last member of my family to get my own new laptop, the other 3
>>>laptops and my son's girlfriend's laptop sees the shared printer on the
>>>main PC connected by a CAT5e cable to the Netgear Wireless hub. I
>>>however, can not see anything! I have tried renaming the network on my
>>>laptop (which sees the internet but not the printer), I was wondering if
>>>it was the Firewall on the main Computer (Microsoft) and the one on my
>>>laptop (Symantec), so I disabled the Symantec firewall and it made no
>>>difference!
>>>
>>> If anyone has any suggestions or ideas...
>>>
>>> --
>>> Simon Thomson
>>>

>> OK have you used the Add Printer Wizard on your comp....with Symantec
>> TOTALLY disabled.

now you have to go through Symantecs settings, on each comp, to input your
comps IP address in the allow settings.............sorry I dumped Symantec
in favour of Kaspersky so cannot recall the exact method.