printer spits out blank pages

Donna

printer spits out blank pages
I have a Dell AIO photo 926 printer. It almost always spits out a blank page
or page with just a couple of lines printed on first printing try. I have
uninstalled, downloaded proper drivers and reinstalled. This helps for a
little while then printer reverts to old maddening ways. How can I fix this?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: printer spits out blank pages
Uninstall and reinstall correctly.

http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm

If you miss out Step 4, all you will end up doing is reinstalling the older
and probably corrupted drivers.
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"Donna" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>I have a Dell AIO photo 926 printer. It almost always spits out a blank
>page or page with just a couple of lines printed on first printing try. I
>have uninstalled, downloaded proper drivers and reinstalled. This helps for
>a little while then printer reverts to old maddening ways. How can I fix
>this?

Donna

Re: printer spits out blank pages
I have Windows Vista not XP so the instructions on site you mentioned
(specifically in step 4) don't seem to apply.

"Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
> Uninstall and reinstall correctly.
>
> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>
> If you miss out Step 4, all you will end up doing is reinstalling the
> older and probably corrupted drivers.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Donna" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have a Dell AIO photo 926 printer. It almost always spits out a blank
>>page or page with just a couple of lines printed on first printing try. I
>>have uninstalled, downloaded proper drivers and reinstalled. This helps
>>for a little while then printer reverts to old maddening ways. How can I
>>fix this?

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: printer spits out blank pages
It applies to both XP and to Vista.
--

>I have Windows Vista not XP so the instructions on site you mentioned
>(specifically in step 4) don't seem to apply.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> Uninstall and reinstall correctly.
>>
>> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>>
>> If you miss out Step 4, all you will end up doing is reinstalling the
>> older and probably corrupted drivers.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Donna" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have a Dell AIO photo 926 printer. It almost always spits out a blank
>>>page or page with just a couple of lines printed on first printing try. I
>>>have uninstalled, downloaded proper drivers and reinstalled. This helps
>>>for a little while then printer reverts to old maddening ways. How can I
>>>fix this?

Donna

Re: printer spits out blank pages
Re the steps you referred me to: Under step 4, I cannot find a printer
drivers list. Setup must be different in Vista than in XP. I went to
Control Panel, and Printer, but there are no toolbar, file, server
properties or drivers tabs. Clicking on properties brings up none of these
tabs. So I haven't done anything and my printer continues to waste one page
before it prints anything.

> It applies to both XP and to Vista.
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "Donna" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>I have Windows Vista not XP so the instructions on site you mentioned
>>(specifically in step 4) don't seem to apply.
>>
>> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>>> Uninstall and reinstall correctly.
>>>
>>> http://www.coribright.com/windows/Article_One.htm
>>>
>>> If you miss out Step 4, all you will end up doing is reinstalling the
>>> older and probably corrupted drivers.
>>> --
>>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>>> www.coribright.com/windows

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: printer spits out blank pages
I'm on Vista (Ultimate) and under Print Server Properties, there are 4 tabs,
the 3rd one along is Drivers and all my printers are listed there. Right
now I have 9 printers installed all over the network (none locally) and they
are all listed there. There is one that for some reason I have never
installed on my notebook, but is on the network and attached to my desktop.
It is not showing up in that list of 9.
--

> Re the steps you referred me to: Under step 4, I cannot find a printer
> drivers list. Setup must be different in Vista than in XP. I went to
> Control Panel, and Printer, but there are no toolbar, file, server
> properties or drivers tabs. Clicking on properties brings up none of these
> tabs. So I haven't done anything and my printer continues to waste one
> page before it prints anything.
>
> "Cari (MS-MVP)" <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote in message
>> It applies to both XP and to Vista.
>> --
>> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
>> www.coribright.com/windows
>>
>> "Donna" <nobody@hotmail.com> wrote in message
>>>I have Windows Vista not XP so the instructions on site you mentioned
>>>(specifically in step 4) don't seem to apply.

Donna

Re: printer spits out blank pages
Hello Cari
Thanks for all your input. I did finally find the drivers tab, which lists
my printer as well as things like pdf writer and One Note. But after I
uninstalled my printer, the 'remove' option was greyed out for each function
so I could not touch them. I didn't use Add/Remove to uninstall, but rather
downloaded a patch that I was told would completely remove my printer
software. Then I downloaded vista drivers and reinstalled. Now printer is
working fine, but I don't know for how long as I've gone thru this procedure
before and the problem returned.
Come to think of it, I think the printer and fax were no longer listed in
the drivers tab after I uninstalled with the patch. Also, I think the driver
I downloaded was a newer version. So here's hoping ....