Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads
Recommended Download



Welcome to the Microsoft Windows Vista Community Forums - Vistaheads, YOUR Largest Resource for Windows Vista related information.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so , join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Driver Scanner

Access is Denied when setting up local printer port

microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan






Speedup My PC
Reply
  #1 (permalink)  
Old 02-10-2009
zofia70@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Access is Denied when setting up local printer port
Hi,

I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the
vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix
printer locally on the usb port. From the other vista laptop (laptop
B) I can browse and print to this network printer through printer
sharing. However I have a need to add a local port to laptop B to
access this printer as we need to configure the printer name locally,
when I tried this UNC path \\laptopA\sharedprinter, I will get this
access is denied message and I will see a print job named "Remote
Downlevel Doc" on the sharedprinter.

UAC and Firewall are all turned off to eliminate the cause of the
denial issue.

How can I successfully connected this sharedprinter as local port
printer? Any help is appreciated.



Regards
Zofia
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
  #2 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2009
Alan Morris [MSFT]
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Access is Denied when setting up local printer port
enable UAC reboot, then add the port.

If you have Ultimate, launch printmanagement.msc and add the port from
there.

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team
Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:
http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

<zofia70@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:4f3489dd-3509-4a1a-985f-6edd6d4e2dbc@p23g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
> Hi,
>
> I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the
> vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix
> printer locally on the usb port. From the other vista laptop (laptop
> B) I can browse and print to this network printer through printer
> sharing. However I have a need to add a local port to laptop B to
> access this printer as we need to configure the printer name locally,
> when I tried this UNC path \\laptopA\sharedprinter, I will get this
> access is denied message and I will see a print job named "Remote
> Downlevel Doc" on the sharedprinter.
>
> UAC and Firewall are all turned off to eliminate the cause of the
> denial issue.
>
> How can I successfully connected this sharedprinter as local port
> printer? Any help is appreciated.
>
>
>
> Regards
> Zofia



Reply With Quote
  #3 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2009
zofia70@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Access is Denied when setting up local printer port
Hi Alan,

Just tried, no luck. Any other options to go ?

Regards
Zofia


On Feb 11, 9:59*am, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
wrote:
> enable UAC reboot, then add the port.
>
> If you have Ultimate, launch printmanagement.msc and add the port from
> there.
>
> --
> Alan Morris
> Windows Printing Team
> Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1
>
> This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.
>
> <zofi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message
>
> news:4f3489dd-3509-4a1a-985f-6edd6d4e2dbc@p23g2000prp.googlegroups.com...
>
>
>
> > Hi,

>
> > I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the
> > vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix
> > printer locally on the usb port. From the other vista laptop (laptop
> > B) I can browse and print to this network printer through printer
> > sharing. However I have a need to add a local port to laptop B to
> > access this printer as we need to configure the printer name locally,
> > when I tried this UNC path \\laptopA\sharedprinter, I will get this
> > access is denied message and I will see a print job named "Remote
> > Downlevel Doc" on the sharedprinter.

>
> > UAC and Firewall are all turned off to eliminate the cause of the
> > denial issue.

>
> > How can I successfully connected this sharedprinter as local port
> > printer? Any help is appreciated.

>
> > Regards
> > Zofia- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Reply With Quote
  #4 (permalink)  
Old 02-11-2009
zofia70@yahoo.com
 

Posts: n/a
Re: Access is Denied when setting up local printer port
Just an update, manage to resolve this issue by granting everyone
write access to the spooler printer directory in windows in laptopA.

On Feb 11, 10:20*am, zofi...@yahoo.com wrote:
> Hi Alan,
>
> Just tried, no luck. Any other options to go ?
>
> Regards
> Zofia
>
> On Feb 11, 9:59*am, "Alan Morris [MSFT]" <ala...@online.microsoft.com>
> wrote:
>
>
>
> > enable UAC reboot, then add theport.

>
> > If you have Ultimate, launch printmanagement.msc and add theportfrom
> > there.

>
> > --
> > Alan Morris
> > Windows Printing Team
> > Search the Microsoft Knowledge Base here:http://support.microsoft.com/search/?adv=1

>
> > This posting is provided "AS IS" with no warranties, and confers no rights.

>
> > <zofi...@yahoo.com> wrote in message

>
> >news:4f3489dd-3509-4a1a-985f-6edd6d4e2dbc@p23g2000prp.googlegroups.com....

>
> > > Hi,

>
> > > I have 2 vista laptops that are connected over the LAN. One of the
> > > vista laptop (laptop A) is connected to a Epson LQ 300 dotmatrix
> > >printerlocally on the usbport. From the other vista laptop (laptop
> > > B) I can browse and print to this networkprinterthroughprinter
> > > sharing. However I have a need to add alocalportto laptop B to
> > > access thisprinteras we need to configure theprintername locally,
> > > when I tried this UNC path \\laptopA\sharedprinter, I will get this
> > > access is denied message and I will see a print job named "Remote
> > > Downlevel Doc" on the sharedprinter.

>
> > > UAC and Firewall are all turned off to eliminate the cause of the
> > > denial issue.

>
> > > How can I successfully connected this sharedprinter aslocalport
> > >printer? Any help is appreciated.

>
> > > Regards
> > > Zofia- Hide quoted text -

>
> > - Show quoted text -- Hide quoted text -

>
> - Show quoted text -


Reply With Quote
Reply


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
access denied when creating a local port Joeg51 microsoft.public.windows.vista.networking sharing 3 06-22-2009 02:53
Access is Denied (from Local Disk Manager) G@ry microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 0 10-31-2008 02:29
Local Printer Port Diane microsoft.public.windows.vista.general 2 06-27-2007 13:56
Cannot add printer if creating local port =?Utf-8?B?QW51ag==?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 2 04-19-2007 05:46
Access is denied message when trying to access a remote printer =?Utf-8?B?TWFya0M=?= microsoft.public.windows.vista.print fax scan 1 03-09-2007 02:34




All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:57.




Driver Scanner - Free Scan Now

Vistaheads.com is part of the Heads Network. See also XPHeads.com , Win7Heads.com and Win8Heads.com.


Design by Vjacheslav Trushkin for phpBBStyles.com.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.6.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0 RC 2

1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 51 52 53 54 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65 66 67 68 69 70 71 72 73 74 75 76 77 78 79 80 81 82 83 84 85 86 87 88 89 90 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 117 118 119 120