Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark

MrsManolo

Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
Please help! I have spent so much time on this already. I had Lexmark
all-in-one X5260 and an old Epson printer installed on my Vista Business Sony
Vaio laptop without problem since early 2008. Yesterday I removed the old
Epson, with problems, as it had a test print still in the spooler. Since
then I have had “Spooler SubSystem App” problems and been unable to
re-install or print from the Lexmark. I did System Restore back to the day
before I removed the Epson printer. I carefully removed the Epson printer.
Still no printing with Lexmark. I have followed the recommendations of many
of the posts here, especially “Spooler SubSystem App” with Alan Morris and
Eddie. I uninstalled Lexmark. I followed the procedure recommended in
and presumed I deleted the drivers and spoolers. However I was unable to do
the “net stop spooler” and “net stop spooler”. I got the response “System
error 5 has occurred. Access is denied”. In Command Prompt I was not at the
root directory, I was at C:\Users\Vaio. (Vaio is my user name.) I am the
only user of this laptop and my printer is plugged into a USB port, not
networked.
I then tried to install from the Lexmark 5200 Series CD. Before getting to
the “detecting your printer” phase, I got the Spooler SubSystem App closed
error message. Lexmark 5200 now appears in my printers but a test page print
or doc print does not work.

Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
Have you gone through the procedures at:

(I know it says it's written for XP, but it's the same for Vista)
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows

"MrsManolo" <MrsManolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Please help! I have spent so much time on this already. I had Lexmark
> all-in-one X5260 and an old Epson printer installed on my Vista Business
> Sony
> Vaio laptop without problem since early 2008. Yesterday I removed the old
> Epson, with problems, as it had a test print still in the spooler. Since
> then I have had “Spooler SubSystem App” problems and been unable to
> re-install or print from the Lexmark. I did System Restore back to the
> day
> before I removed the Epson printer. I carefully removed the Epson printer.
> Still no printing with Lexmark. I have followed the recommendations of
> many
> of the posts here, especially “Spooler SubSystem App” with Alan Morris and
> Eddie. I uninstalled Lexmark. I followed the procedure recommended in
> http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> and presumed I deleted the drivers and spoolers. However I was unable to
> do
> the “net stop spooler” and “net stop spooler”. I got the response “System
> error 5 has occurred. Access is denied”. In Command Prompt I was not at
> the
> root directory, I was at C:\Users\Vaio. (Vaio is my user name.) I am the
> only user of this laptop and my printer is plugged into a USB port, not
> networked.
> I then tried to install from the Lexmark 5200 Series CD. Before getting to
> the “detecting your printer” phase, I got the Spooler SubSystem App closed
> error message. Lexmark 5200 now appears in my printers but a test page
> print
> or doc print does not work.

Shaved Nuts

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
My Dell printer is doing the same thing. Lately no more than one page
of print out and then nothing after that

I've followed the procedures so many times I can't say. If I reboot
it works fine for a time or two then only one page.

I get spool error 6161 in the logs.

The printer icon in systray hang on even after the print is complete.

I am so frustrated with VISTA>>>>

On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:58:51 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
<newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote:

>Have you gone through the procedures at:
>http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324757
>
>(I know it says it's written for XP, but it's the same for Vista)

MrsManolo

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
Thank you for responding promptly. For the last 3 days I kept getting a
message that my post was not made due to Microsoft Communities operational
problems, so it is nice to see that it did post and that you replied! I
haven't done but will start doing kb 324757. Since it's written for XP I was
stumped at Step 1, how to access Services to check and turn off LexBce
Service. Can you suggest?

"Cari (MS-MVP)" wrote:

> Have you gone through the procedures at:
>
> (I know it says it's written for XP, but it's the same for Vista)
> --
> Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
> www.coribright.com/windows
>
> "MrsManolo" <MrsManolo@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > Please help! I have spent so much time on this already. I had Lexmark
> > all-in-one X5260 and an old Epson printer installed on my Vista Business
> > Sony
> > Vaio laptop without problem since early 2008. Yesterday I removed the old
> > Epson, with problems, as it had a test print still in the spooler. Since
> > then I have had “Spooler SubSystem App” problems and been unable to
> > re-install or print from the Lexmark. I did System Restore back to the
> > day
> > before I removed the Epson printer. I carefully removed the Epson printer.
> > Still no printing with Lexmark. I have followed the recommendations of
> > many
> > of the posts here, especially “Spooler SubSystem App” with Alan Morris and
> > Eddie. I uninstalled Lexmark. I followed the procedure recommended in
> > http://members.shaw.ca/bsanders/CleanPrinterDrivers.htm
> > and presumed I deleted the drivers and spoolers. However I was unable to
> > do
> > the “net stop spooler” and “net stop spooler”. I got the response “System
> > error 5 has occurred. Access is denied”. In Command Prompt I was not at
> > the
> > root directory, I was at C:\Users\Vaio. (Vaio is my user name.) I am the
> > only user of this laptop and my printer is plugged into a USB port, not
> > networked.
> > I then tried to install from the Lexmark 5200 Series CD. Before getting to
> > the “detecting your printer” phase, I got the Spooler SubSystem App closed
> > error message. Lexmark 5200 now appears in my printers but a test page
> > print
> > or doc print does not work.

Malke

MrsManolo wrote:

> Thank you for responding promptly. For the last 3 days I kept getting a
> message that my post was not made due to Microsoft Communities operational
> problems, so it is nice to see that it did post and that you replied! I
> haven't done but will start doing kb 324757. Since it's written for XP I
> was stumped at Step 1, how to access Services to check and turn off LexBce
> Service. Can you suggest?

Start Orb>Search box>type: services

When Services appears in Results above, right-click on it and choose "run as
administrator". Then follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base article.

Malke
--
MS-MVP
Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!

Alan Morris [MSFT]

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
what is the win32 error code in the 6161 event?

--
Alan Morris
Windows Printing Team

"Shaved Nuts" <shavednuts@bellsouth.net> wrote in message
> My Dell printer is doing the same thing. Lately no more than one page
> of print out and then nothing after that
>
> I've followed the procedures so many times I can't say. If I reboot
> it works fine for a time or two then only one page.
>
> I get spool error 6161 in the logs.
>
> The printer icon in systray hang on even after the print is complete.
>
> I am so frustrated with VISTA>>>>
>

> On Tue, 10 Feb 2009 09:58:51 -0800, "Cari \(MS-MVP\)"
> <newsgroups@coribright.com> wrote:
>
>>Have you gone through the procedures at:
>>http://support.microsoft.com/default...b;en-us;324757
>>
>>(I know it says it's written for XP, but it's the same for Vista)

MrsManolo

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
Many thanks to those giving advice, but still no joy! I have tried the kb
324757 process, still no success. I uninstalled Lexmark and deleted all the
subkeys except \3. Still had the same problem, also the same problem now for
MS Doc Image Writer. Then I installed Lexmark X5260 again (The Lexmark manual
says not to let Windows try to add printer driver but once printer is plugged
into computer, to run the CD. But it is still but not working,. Restored the
reg files. Now at
C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\Printers it is empty
At C:\Windows\System32\Spool\Drivers\w32x86 I have subkey \3 which has a
lot of Lexmark related files in it. I also have subkey \PCC which also has
Lexmark files in it. Outside of these subkeys I have mdigraph.dll, mdini.dll,
msondrv.dll, msonpui.dll
Under …\Environments\WindowsNTx86\Drivers I have \Version-3 which has subkeys
\5200 Series Port
\Local Port
\Microsoft Document Imaging Port
\Microsoft Shared Fax Writer
\Microsoft XPS Document Writer

Under …\Monitors I have
\5200 Series Port
\Local Port
\Standard TCP/IP Port
\USB Monitor

Still really stumped, and increasingly panicky. MrsManolo.

"Malke" wrote:

> MrsManolo wrote:
>
> > Thank you for responding promptly. For the last 3 days I kept getting a
> > message that my post was not made due to Microsoft Communities operational
> > problems, so it is nice to see that it did post and that you replied! I
> > haven't done but will start doing kb 324757. Since it's written for XP I
> > was stumped at Step 1, how to access Services to check and turn off LexBce
> > Service. Can you suggest?

> Start Orb>Search box>type: services
>
> When Services appears in Results above, right-click on it and choose "run as
> administrator". Then follow the instructions in the Knowledge Base article.
>
> Malke
> --
> MS-MVP
> Elephant Boy Computers - Don't Panic!
> http://www.elephantboycomputers.com/#FAQ

MrsManolo

Re: Spooler Subsytem App problems reinstalling Lexmark
Also how can I restore the Microsoft Document Image Writer? I'm still stuck
about the Lexmark, but am concerned if I redo kb 324757 and delete everything
I don't have a way of using MDIW. Also to add to my last (Feb 14) post,
orignal under ...\Monitors I had \Microsoft Document Imaging Port, \Microsoft
Shared Fax Monitor, \WSD Port but I deleted them per the instructions.