Cannot print - nothing being sent to printer

shollar

Cannot print - nothing being sent to printer
The correct drivers are installed. The printer is connected properly and the
correct printer is selected. I have uninstalled and reinstalled the drivers.

This is weird - its a multifunction, scan works fine - in the printer
utility I can print a config and test page - so communication with the
printer seems fine.

Windows test page sends nothing to the printer. I have confirmed this by
sending to port FILE and it creates an empty file.

I have tried other drivers, Generic text, HP LJIII, IBM dot matrix - set
them up to print to port FILE and they all create an empty file (ZERO bytes)

Other systems can print to the printer no problem. this was working for
months and just stopped one day.

printing to the XPS and image printer both WORK - I think this narrows the
problem to whichever part of the printing subsystem in the OS is involved
with directing the output to the port.

Any ideas? I really dont want to try reloading the OS.
Cari \(MS-MVP\)

Re: Cannot print - nothing being sent to printer
A little more info needed here....

What is the make and model of the printer?

How is it attached to your PC ... is it locally attached (USB or LPT)... is
it networked?
--
Cari (MS-MVP) Printing & Imaging
www.coribright.com/windows