Spooler SubSystem problems reinstalling Lexmark

MrsManolo

Spooler SubSystem problems reinstalling Lexmark
Please help! I have spent so much time on this problem already. I had
installed Lexmark all-in-one X5260 and an old Epson printer on my Vista
Business Sony Vaio since early 2008 without problem. When I removed the old
Epson printer yesterday from my computer, I did not do it completely and
there was still a test page in the Epson spooler. I replugged in the Epson
printer and deleted them. Since then printing with Lexmark, uninstalling,
re-installing have all not worked or been aborted. Sometimes without any
response. When trying to print a doc the spooler symbol appears in the lower
right but is not openable and says there are 0 docs. When trying to print a
test page it goes immediately to an error message saying the test page did
not print and was deleted from the print queue. Sometimes the installation
process generates a Spooler SubSystem App Closed error message. The full
error details are given below at the bottom of this post.
I did a system restore to the day before I removed the Epson printer and
made sure there was nothing in the spooler before removing it. However I
still cannot get the Lexmark to function.
I uninstalled Lexmark and followed the advice from the other posts
especially Spooler SubSystem App with Alan Morris and Eddie. I followed the
instructions recommended in
However I was unable to do the "net stop spooler" and "net start spooler"
commands in the procedure, I got a response, "System error 5 has occurred.
Access is denied." At the command prompt I was not at the root directory, I
was at c:\Users\vaio. Also I am the only user of my laptop and have the
printer in a USB port, not networked.
I presumed I had no printer drivers or spoolers left.
I then installed the Lexmark using the Series 5200 CD. First it stopped at
the 2nd phase of "transferring software". I rebooted and started the
installation again. This time it stopped responding at the "transferring
software" stage. Rebooted and tried installation. This time, after a long
time, it finally progressed to the third phase of "installing software", but
before the final phase of "detecting your printer" I got the Spooler
SubSystem App closed error message. The Lexmark now shows up in my printers
and appears to sense the ink levels and that it is plugged in USB port 1. But
no printing.
This Lexmark series doesn't support Vista and they don't even show X5260 on
their website, just X5250 and X5270, although they don't provide Vista
software for these either.
Any help would be deeply appreciated. Reading through other posts like
Perrylea's "How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler problems" makes me despair
that it's really complicated.
-Mrs Manolo

(Details of Spooler SubSystem App error message)
Problem signature:
Problem Event Name:
APPCRASH
Application Name:
spoolsv.exe
Application Version:
6.0.6001.18000
Application Timestamp:
4791956c
Fault Module Name:
StackHash_9e31
Fault Module Version:
6.0.6001.18000
Fault Module Timestamp:
4791a7a6
Exception Code:
c0000374
Exception Offset:
000b015d
OS Version:
6.0.6001.2.1.0.256.6
Locale ID:
2057
Additional Information 1:
9e31
Additional Information 2:
5ede27626b0593803c99be8e078b9a94
Additional Information 3:
b469
Additional Information 4:
c1c3e840e6e8160ff6ded858147157fa
(End of error message)
Clark

Re: Spooler SubSystem problems reinstalling Lexmark
MrsManolo wrote:
> [...]
> software" stage. Rebooted and tried installation. This time, after a long
> time, it finally progressed to the third phase of "installing software", but
> before the final phase of "detecting your printer" I got the Spooler
> SubSystem App closed error message. The Lexmark now shows up in my printers
> and appears to sense the ink levels and that it is plugged in USB port 1. But
> no printing.
> This Lexmark series doesn't support Vista and they don't even show X5260 on
> their website, just X5250 and X5270, although they don't provide Vista
> software for these either.
> Any help would be deeply appreciated. Reading through other posts like
> Perrylea's "How I fixed my Vista Print Spooler problems" makes me despair
> that it's really complicated.
> -Mrs Manolo
>

> (Details of Spooler SubSystem App error message)

You have done a system restart during this process?

Drivers normally come from where you got the printer, so if you bought
it from Dell, check there. If the drives should come from Lexmark and
they don't show any Vista drivers, you may need to use the Vista drivers
if there are any. I found one thread that says Lexmark advised using
the X5250 drivers. I did not check for any other countries beside the US.

http://www.downloaddelivery.com/en/cpddrivers/440.html

If those drivers work, great, otherwise.

I would probably try uninstalling the printer-if it won't uninstall, try
it in safe mode.

Reboot and plug in the USB cable. Does Vista say it is installing a
driver? If that doesn't work, go to the install printers dialogue and
follow it through and see if Vista has a driver for the printer.

Clark